Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

Dammit I spelled thread wrong.

I usually type just fine, but it seems like my fingers always misspell third. I mistype other words too, depending on how careful and/or fast I'm being, but third seems to get messed up far more than any other. It always comes out as thrid.

movietickets.com sales for the past 24 hours:

Lego Movie - 38%

3 Days To Kill - 11%

Pompeii - 8%

Monuments Men - 6%

Robocop - 5%

The actual numbers are probably pretty small, since the 2 new movies obviously aren't going to generate many sellout crowds, but there's definitely a chance 3DTK could beat Pompeii.

I'm still confused, I thought this WAS the Thursday thread.

I thought last month a bunch of mods said we weren't allowed to start Friday/weekend threads until actual Friday estimates started coming in, not just Thursday midnight numbers?

I'm outta here until someone figures out what's going on.

I thought last month a bunch of mods said we weren't allowed to start Friday/weekend threads until actual Friday estimates started coming in, not just Thursday midnight numbers?

Yes, but apparently some people were hijacking this thread because they wanted a thread just for the Thursday numbers of the movies already in theaters. So I gave them that, and for this week, this one will be the Weekend Numbers thread.

Edited by CJohn

Maybe if ShawnMR just called this topic Early Friday and deleted the Thursday Night words from the title, less people would be confused? :P

There is barely any showings of Pompeii in DC at reasonable times. I wanted to see it tonight like 730 or 8, but the only 2D times were 4:30 while I was working and 9:45, and I don't wanna walk back that late because it'll be pretty cold when I get out. No screen push for this movie despite good marketing.