AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, filmlover said:

Pretty sure they're just shooting well in advance cause of scheduling reasons. Disney does that all the time with their live-action movies these days and WB does it every now and then for their movies too.

As far as Lebron and the other NBAers go, they have until September....that is when training camp begins for the next season.

As for animatation, if it's like the first there will be quite a few scenes that are animatation only ...no live actors involved...no reason they can't going on those right now, saving the hybrid live animatation scenes for later.

And you can bet warners is hoping that the Lakers become contenders before the film opens.....

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Money, I would guess he's going to be the live action segment.

59 minutes ago, TMP said:

This project is so weird. I can't see it making more money than Pika pika but it has such an amazing release date.

WB is making the Looney Tunes relevant again with the new shorts. I imagine the budget won't be more than $80-100m so Pikachu money would be more than good

Just now, Jonwo said:

WB is making the Looney Tunes relevant again with the new shorts. I imagine the budget won't be more than $80-100m so Pikachu money would be more than good

Yeah, but this is such a valuable release spot. Thanksgiving 2020 would make more sense for it or something.

I don’t know if others are thinking the same thing, but in my case I can’t wrap my head around what a sequel to Space Jam would be. It can’t just be a loose rehash of the first, but with meta jokes aimed at the earlier movie, right? But what else can you do with the Looney Tunes and an NBA superstar playing basketball against aliens?

Edited by TServo2049

1 hour ago, TServo2049 said:

I don’t know if others are thinking the same thing, but in my case I can’t wrap my head around what a sequel to Space Jam would be. It can’t just be a loose rehash of the first, but with meta jokes aimed at the earlier movie, right? But what else can you do with the Looney Tunes and an NBA superstar playing basketball against aliens?

Looney Tunes and LeBron vs other mind controlled Warner Bros owned cartoon characters? Would take the whole concept to another level.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Looney Tunes and LeBron vs other mind controlled Warner Bros owned cartoon characters? Would take the whole concept to another level.

What other kid-friendly IP do they have for something like this? Hannah Barbera, Scooby Doo? I guess something from Smallfoot? Maybe Cartoon Network, idk.

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

What other kid-friendly IP do they have for something like this? Hannah Barbera, Scooby Doo? I guess something from Smallfoot? Maybe Cartoon Network, idk.

You could fill a team just with Hanna-Barbera characters alone but Warner Bros own a fair bit of kid friendly IP from past and present. Animaniacs would be good as well since they're similar to the Looney Tunes. You could also have Ben 10 and The Powerpuff Girls, Tom and Jerry already have a movie coming so they'd be unlikely to be included. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

This is doing 250 million max 

looney tunes is is nowhere near as popular as it was 20 years ago 

Michael Jordan is much bigger than Lebron. 

Nba finals ratings with bulls are much bigger than any nba finals with Lebron 

jordan was a massive draw 

59 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

This is doing 250 million max 

looney tunes is is nowhere near as popular as it was 20 years ago 

Michael Jordan is much bigger than Lebron. 

Nba finals ratings with bulls are much bigger than any nba finals with Lebron 

jordan was a massive draw 

No doubt this will not perform as well as the original.  For all the reasons you listed and it breaks my heart to say this but I think the same of Scooby Doo. It's just not as big as it used to be and that's entirely on the fault of terrible cartoons for SD after Mystery Inc which was amazing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A live action Ben 10 film series would’ve been big had they tried it, it’s Shazam meets GOTG

There's a rumour they're doing a series for HBO Max.