AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

11 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

No doubt this will not perform as well as the original.  For all the reasons you listed and it breaks my heart to say this but I think the same of Scooby Doo. It's just not as big as it used to be and that's entirely on the fault of terrible cartoons for SD after Mystery Inc which was amazing.

I disagree Scooby Doo isn't popular, the fact WB have done more series and DTVs with the character compared to their other IP suggests otherwise. 

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I disagree Scooby Doo isn't popular, the fact WB have done more series and DTVs with the character compared to their other IP suggests otherwise. 

Scooby-Doo is one of those properties that remains consistently popular with kids, no matter how much us adult Internet geeks dislike a given iteration du jour. Like SpongeBob, The Simpsons or Family Guy, the IP is seemingly bulletproof.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

Scooby-Doo is one of those properties that remains consistently popular with kids, no matter how much us adult Internet geeks dislike a given iteration du jour. Like SpongeBob, The Simpsons or Family Guy, the IP is seemingly bulletproof.

True, but you might wonder with Scooby with so much Scooby stuff stil out there, how many people are willing to pay ten bucks for something they think they can see for free on TV?

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

True, but you might wonder with Scooby with so much Scooby stuff stil out there, how many people are willing to pay ten bucks for something they think they can see for free on TV?

Maybe that’s why they are working Hanna-Barbera crossovers into it. I dunno. I wasn’t saying anything about the Scoob movie in particular, just that the common Internet complaint that there hasn’t been anything good with Scooby since Mystery Inc. does not reflect a lack of popularity of Scooby with the general public.

Edited by TServo2049

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

If it was a 2D movie then I would understand people might be reluctant but this is a CGI film which does give it a USP.

1 hour ago, TServo2049 said:

Maybe that’s why they are working Hanna-Barbera crossovers into it. I dunno. I wasn’t saying anything about the Scoob movie in particular, just that the common Internet complaint that there hasn’t been anything good with Scooby since Mystery Inc. does not reflect a lack of popularity of Scooby with the general public.

Mystery Incorporated was very good but let's be honest, it's one incarnation of the franchise much like how Batman the Animated Series is one animation incarnation of the Batman franchise. I don't really blame Warner Bros for going into a different direction with Be Cool and also with Guess Who? the latter which actually is closer to the original series than MI was and very fitting for the 50th anniversary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Isn't there a Road Runner/Wile E Coyote feature film in the works at Warners?

And ,come on Warners give us what we all really want: A DC/Looney Turnes Crossover.

I certainly didn't know there was one.

And fuck doing a DC/Looney Tunes crossover. Might as well have Mickey Mouse meet Iron Man while you're at it.

We’ve already gotten a DC/Looney Tunes crossover, when Duck Dodgers crossed over with the Green Lantern. And it was actually pretty good. But no, DC/Looney Tunes probably wouldn’t work in any other context.

Edited by TServo2049

9 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

We’ve already gotten a DC/Looney Tunes crossover, when Duck Dodgers crossed over with the Green Lantern. And it was actually pretty good. But no, DC/Looney Tunes probably wouldn’t work in any other context.

Warner Bros has been various crossovers with their various IP for a while, the Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera got crossovers with DC for example and we've seen cameos from H-B characters appearing in Looney Tunes cartoons or films and vice-versa. Even Tom and Jerry did a crossover with Jonny Quest though due to rights reasons, Tom and Jerry is part of the MGM/Turner Entertainment catalogue and not Hanna-Barbera even though it was created by Hanna and Barbera. 

So saw some potential set pic leaks that could change the film's boxoffice potential for the better. 

Spoiler

So instead of just having Looney Tunes characters in this, they also have characters from other WB properties. Set pics showed Joker, The Mask, and Pennywise.

• Like 1
    • Haha 1
    • Astonished 3
    • ...wtf 1
    • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

So saw some potential set pic leaks that could change the film's boxoffice potential for the better. 

Hide contents

So instead of just having Looney Tunes characters in this, they also have characters from other WB properties. Set pics showed Joker, The Mask, and Pennywise.

Spoiler

Get your Ready Player One out of my Space Jam

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

This may be worth it for Pennywise in a Space Jam jersey.

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Reveal hidden contents

TBH I thought they would do that but use other Warner owned animation properties. Expanding that further is a very interesting step.

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

can't wait to see how Joaquin Phoenix joker interacts with daffy duck.