AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

They made all that big deal virtue signaling patting themselves on the back about how great they were for removing Pepe Lepew but kept the Clockwork Orange Rape Gang???

Because the rape gang are pretty clearly with the bad guys? Pepe would have been with the good guys. It's not that hard to parse

• Like 1

Looks kinda eh compared to the first one which I really enjoyed. What was the need to animate LeBron when MJ was live-action in the first? And especially when in other shots of the trailer, he's shown playing basketball in the Server-verse in live action? Is this going to be a plot point? I also think putting in all these extra WB characters dilutes the charm of the Looney Tunes. But the trailer is getting good buzz. I think this movie will surprise on the upside. 

Edited by Menor

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

Looks kinda eh compared to the first one which I really enjoyed. What was the need to animate LeBron when MJ was live-action in the first? And especially when in other shots of the trailer, he's shown playing basketball in the Server-verse in live action? Is this going to be a plot point? 

I was confused by that too, but I think the real reason is probably just that LeBron's a busy man and it's easier for him to just do some quick voiceover

4 minutes ago, Eric #TeamKong said:

I was confused by that too, but I think the real reason is probably just that LeBron's a busy man and it's easier for him to just do some quick voiceover

I watched it again and it seems to be that LeBron is animated when the animation is 2D and when it switches to (so-called) 3D animation he goes back to live-action. Tbh I don't like seeing the Looney Tunes in that style. It feels wrong. 

1 hour ago, Eric #TeamKong said:

Honestly I'm more upset Kristen Wiig isn't playing Lola. She played Lola like a stalker in one of the more recent Looney Tunes shows and she was by far the best part of the whole piece.

Was watching The Looney Tunes Show recently (gotta get back to watching it because it's a pretty good show) and she was great in it. Didn't know who was playing her for first couple of episodes and I kept thinking I heard her voice somewhere but couldn't place it.