AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is this movie screening earlier in Australia or something? All the critics who have reviewed it so far are Australian and so are the people I know who have or are watching it (in fact there seems to be an early screening going on right now there).

Yeah had some advance screenings in Australia starting on the 8th.

edit: you edited in the answer lol

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Yeah had some advance screenings in Australia starting on the 8th.

edit: you edited in the answer lol

I should've have phrased it better. I was wondering if this is just in Australia or if it is happening in other countries too. Just found it odd that I haven't seen non-Australians talk about the movie yet.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I should've have phrased it better. I was wondering if this is just in Australia or if it is happening in other countries too.

Ah got you, looks like NZ also has the same thing according to the Event NZ app, I think it’s likely a week early to make the most of school holidays here. 

Not sure about any other countries but haven’t been keeping up with the news around this film that much personally, so it’s certainly possible they also did this in other regions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JWR said:

What are the projections for opening weekend?

Deadline won't make one, except to say (yesterday) that it would be under Black Widow's 2nd weekend.  Black Widow was estimated $24M+ or $24-$28M (depending which item Deadline didn't update), so their estimate would be under $24M for the weekend at best for SJ2...

I disagree on the under $24M, but that's why we watch the releases and see what happens:).

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Looks like critics aren’t liking this. I’m not surprised, but those first couple of reviews that Rotten Tomatoes posted threw me off for a bit. 

The 1st one got a 44% from the critics...I don't think anyone believed critics were gonna suddenly jump onboard a sequel:)...

• Like 1