AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

https://discussingfilm.net/2019/02/01/new-lead-character-breakdown-for-space-jam-2-reveals-more-plot-details/

We at DiscussingFilm have learned of a new character breakdown for a lead character that will play LeBron James’ second child. Not only does this character sound quite interesting but this breakdown also reveals some intriguing plot details regarding the upcoming anticipated sequel.

Dom: 11-14 years old, African American, male or female.

Athletic and bright, Dom is LeBron’s second child. Like LeBron, Dom is a young basketball star in the making but is more interested in just being a kid and playing ball for fun. Dom has a special knack for video games and is desperate to connect with Dad on other things besides Basketball but struggling to find any common ground. Dom has a defiant streak that she/he mostly suppresses, still it’s there in the subtext of all their interactions with their father. With the help of the Looney Tunes, Dom and LeBron learn to foster a deeper personal relationship outside of and through their mutual love of the game. MUST HAVE EXCEPTIONAL BASKETBALL SKILLS.

This breakdown definitely informs us of some of the basic story details for LeBron James and his second child in this film, whilst also hinting at how the iconic Looney Tunes characters will factor into the film. It’s also interesting to note that the casting is open to any gender with the name Dom being most likely a placeholder.

I'm surprised it's not until 2021 considering it's filming this year. The animation isn't going to take that long?! WAG will have two films in one summer. 

I wonder if Tom and Jerry might end up in 2020? My own guess is February 2021 but it's possible it could be released in summer or late 2020. Scooby seems to have no firm release at the moment as I can't see it staying in May.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised it's not until 2021 considering it's filming this year. The animation isn't going to take that long?! WAG will have two films in one summer. 

I wonder if Tom and Jerry might end up in 2020? My own guess is February 2021 but it's possible it could be released in summer or late 2020. Scooby seems to have no firm release at the moment as I can't see it staying in May.

WB tends to shoot stuff well in advance. Godzilla 2 was made in mid-2017 and is opening in May, for example.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

WAG is going to have killer 2021 with this, Super Pets and likely Cat In The Hat. It’ll be a make or break year that’s for sure.

35 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I’m assuming the animation will be 3D CGI and not the 2D cartoons walking amongst live action scenes.

I think it'll be 2D but I wouldn't rule out cel shaded CGI, WB have done CGI shorts in the past so a mix of the two could work.

29 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

WAG is going to have killer 2021 with this, Super Pets and likely Cat In The Hat. It’ll be a make or break year that’s for sure.

I have a feeling Cat in the Hat won't be until 2022. 

26 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Surprised they didn’t go with the December 2021 date they have saved. Avatar 3 and it would’ve decimated the playing field.

I imagine that December slot is being saved for Aquaman 2 or another DC film like New Gods. 

45 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if they'll have other non Looney Tunes characters, Animaniacs would be great to see especially Wakko, Yakko and Dot with the revival coming next year as well as the Hanna Barbera and MGM characters.  

Scooby-Doo with Tom and Jerry or flop at the box office :hahaha: