MrPink

The Box Office Knight Rises (PAGE 17, FINAL PART UP, BONUS SPECIAL UPDATED 08/06/2014)

Part 7 of Box Office Knight. We may be able to finish in 9 parts, but it's more likely it'll be 3 more parts with Part 10 being a relatively short one. This one was a really tough one to write, notably the first half of this portion is really hard to type up with all the editing going on between three things and it was hard to adapt. Still, I got it done, and hopefully it's still enjoyable. Likes, comments, suggestions appreciated.

Part 7

BoxOfficeMan is zooming through threads with the mobile app. He has to save Dragon. There was a hint of worry though that Redfirebird wouldn’t be able to save Numbers. His personal feelings and his own objectives were at stake but it was not the time for ShawnMR to be thinking rationally. At the Hobbit thread (now Battle of the Five Armies), Numbers awakens to find himself trapped in the thread. He sees a message.

Dragon: Hello?!!! Can anybody see this?! Hello?!

Numbers: Dragon? Dragon is that you?

Dragon: Numbers! Thank god you’re alright.

Numbers: It’s ok Dragon, everything’s gonna be just fine.

Meanwhile at the MCU, Tawasal has been assigned to keep watch over the Telemachos. He keeps muttering to himself, which is bothering him.

Telemachos: I want…I want my private message.

Tawasal: That’s nice.

Telemachos: So how many of your friends have I banned?

Tawasal: Look, I’m a 20 year man. I can tell the difference between punks who need a little lesson in manners and the freaks like you who would just enjoy it. And you banned six of my friends.

Telemachos mouths “Six?!”

Meanwhile, outside of interrogation, BiggestGeekEver still isn’t feeling well while Goffe keeps watch.

BiggestGeekEver: Please…it hurts!

Goffe: Keep it to yourself!

BiggestGeekEver: The boss said he would make the voices go away. He said he would go inside and replace it with bright lights….like Christmas!

Goffe: I don’t give a da…

Before he can finish his sentence, BiggestGeekEver collapses and Goffe rushes to take a look at him along with a couple others. Back at the Hobbit and Fast and Furious threads, Numbers and Dragon are still trapped.

Numbers: Are you able to move?

Dragon: No…Numbers we don’t have much time.

Numbers tries to break himself free and tries to get himself towards the exit.

Numbers: Look for something to free yourself.

Dragon: They said only one of us was going to make it, and that they’d let out friends choose.

Numbers collapses and gets some code on him that’s going to delete the thread. He spews it out as it covers half his avatar.

Dragon: Numbers, what’s happening?

BoxOfficeMan and Redfirebird are still trying to make their way to the respective threads but it’s still going to take at least another couple minutes. Telemachos is still bothering Tawasal at the MCU but he’s remained steadfast…so far.

Telemachos: Do you wanna know why I use a knife, Tawasal? Banning guns are too quick. You don’t get to savor all the little emotions. See in their last moments…people show you who they really are.

Tawasal tries to ignore Telemachos but it isn’t working.

Telemachos: So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Do you wanna know which of them were really cowards?

Tawasal can’t ignore him anymore. That’s the last straw. He goes up to Telemachos.

Tawasal: I know you’re gonna enjoy this. I’m going to try and enjoy it…even more.

Tawasal then attacks Telemachos before it cuts back to Dragon’s and Numbers’ current situation.

Dragon: Numbers, I want you to know something.

Numbers: Don’t think like that Dragon, they’re coming for you.

Dragon: I know, but I don’t want them to. I don’t want to live without you because I do have an answer…and my answer is yes.

Back at the MCU, BiggestGeekEver is being examined and they notice there are some irregularities in his profile which were seemingly not examined prior to him being put into the thread.

Goffe: He’s got some kind of…contusion.

On another page, The Telemachos bursts in with Tawasal held hostage, with a tool to ban him at a moment’s notice. Everyone draws their weapons on him.

Tawasal: This is my own damn fault, just ban him!

Mod: What do you want?!

Telemachos: I just want my private message.

The mods look at each other, confused. They give him a device to send a private message. He quickly types up a message with the others just watch. In the other page, BiggestGeekEver starts making a noise.

Goffe: Is that a…private message?

Suddenly most of the thread is deleted, leaving many banned or knocked out. The Telemachos however is fine. Meanwhile BoxOfficeMan has made it to the Fast and Furious thread and makes his way to page 48. Redfirebird hasn’t quite made it to the Hobbit thread yet, seconds behind. Precious seconds. BoxOfficeMan bursts in and then notices it’s not Dragon in there…it’s Numbers. He pauses for a brief second as he realizes the Telemachos lied.

Numbers: NO! Not me, why did you come for ME?!

BoxOfficeMan begins dragging out Numbers. Numbers is hysterical.

Numbers: DRAGON!!!

Dragon: Numbers, it’s okay.

Redfirebird has arrived and begins to make his way into the Hobbit thread.

Dragon: Numbers, it’s okay. Somewhere…

Before she can finish her sentence, the thread is completely deleted, banning Dragon.  Redfirebird goes to try and head inside anyway but is restrained by five men. As BoxOfficeMan drags out Numbers, that thread is deleted too, but it also catches a piece of Numbers’ avatar, burning half of it off. At the MCU, there are no mods tht are conscious to realize what’s going on. The Telemachos makes his way to Firedeep.

Telemachos: Hello there.

Redfirebird is examining the wreckage of the Hobbit thread. He thinks Numbers is banned before a mod informs him that BoxOfficeMan rescued him.

Mod: Back at the MCU, the Telemachos is gone.

Redfirebird: With Firedeep? The Telemachos planned to be caught, he wanted me to lock him up in the MCU!

A shot of Telemachos driving away in an app is shown. He’s shaking his head wildly like a dog, reveling in the chaos. Accursed Arachnid begins to read the message that Dragon left for him.

Dragon: Dear Shawn, I need to explain…

Posters are shown trying to recover pieces of the Fast and Furious thread.

Dragon: I need to be honest and clear. I’m going to marry Numbers.

Glimpses of Numbers as posters try to resuscitate him is shown. He’s not banned but half of his avatar is charred and he’s in critical condition.

Dragon: I love him, I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

Among the ruins of the Fast and Furious thread, BoxOfficeMan stands over it, examining the wreckage.

Dragon: When I told you that BoxOffice no longer needed BoxOfficeMan we could be together, I mean it. But I’m not sure a day will come when you don’t need BoxOfficeMan. I hope it does, and if it does I will be there.

BoxOfficeMan notices something among the remains of the thread. It’s Numbers’ coin generator. He flips it over to realize it only generates heads. Half of them are scarred by the deletion though. Alfred continues reading.

Dragon: But as your friend, I’m sorry to let you down. If you lose your faith in me, please keep your faith in people.

BoxOfficeMan is shown watching over Numbers. He places his coin generator at his side.

BoxOfficeMan: I’m sorry Numbers.

Dragon: Love, now and always, Dragon.

Accursed Arachnid places the message on a tray to deliver to ShawnMR.

----------------------------------------------

ShawnMR is sitting. Alone. As Arachnid approaches him, he prepares to deliver Dragon’s message.

Accursed Arachnid: I prepared a little breakfast.

No response.

Accursed Arachnid: Very well then.

ShawnMR: Arachnid?

Accursed Arachnid: Yes, Master Shawn?

ShawnMR: Did I bring this on us? On her? I thought I would inspire good…not madness.

Accursed Arachnid: You have inspired good, but you spat in the faces of trolls, didn’t you think that there might be casualties? Things were always going to have to get worse before they got better.

ShawnMR: But Dragon, Arachnid…

Accursed Arachnid: Dragon believed in what you stood for. What we stand for. Box Office needs you.

ShawnMR: Box Office needs its true hero, and I let that sociopath blow him half to hell.

Accursed Arachnid: Which is why for now, you’ll have to do.

ShawnMR: She was going to wait for me Arachnid. Numbers doesn’t know. He must never know.

At that moment, Arachnid realizes now is not the time to reveal that message. That’s his one silver lining and to remove that away would destroy him completely. Big mistake? Maybe. He takes it away.

ShawnMR: What’s that?

Accursed Arachnid: It can wait.

ShawnMR: That poster, Shayhiri on BoxOfficeMojo, did you ever catch him?

Accursed Arachnid: Yes.

ShawnMR: How.

Accursed Arachnid: We burned the whole Prince of Persia thread down.

-------------------------------------------------

Numbers awakes. He notices half his avatar is covered. He’s in pain, but his immediate concern is Dragon. As he looks around, he notices his coin generator. He remembers giving it to her prior to going into the SWAT transport, but when he turns it over, he sees that it was half destroyed by the deletion of the thread. Numbers begins to cry and scream in anger. Meanwhile some time has passed and Shawn has quit moping for a bit. They’re watching some streams.

Accursed Arachnid: Master Shawn, you need to see this.

Blankments (on stream): He’s a credible source, an accountant of sorts for a powerful Hollywood studio. He says he’s waited as long as he can for the BoxOfficeMan to do the right thing, now he’s taking matters into his own hands.  We’ll be live at five with the true identity of the Box Office Man, stay with us.

Numbers continues to recover at the Help Desk/Suggestions board of the forums, namely in the Welcome to the Official BoxOffice Forums thread. Redfirebird visits him after some time has passed to get an idea of who was involved with the plot.

Redfirebird: I’m sorry to hear about Dragon. The doctor says you’re in agonizing pain, but you won’t accept any antivirus/registry fixes. That you’re refusing them all.

Numbers: Remember the name you all had for me when I was at Internal Affairs? What was it Redfirebird?

Redfirebird is silent.

Numbers: Say it.

Redfirebird: Numbers I can’t…

Numbers: SAY IT!

Redfirebird: Numbers…Numbers Two-Face.

Numbers turns to Redfirebird to show his disfigured avatar.

Posted Image

Numbers: Why should I hide who I am?

Redfirebird: I know, you tried to warn me. I’m sorry. MovieMan89 picked you up, do you know who picked up Dragon?

No response.

Redfirebird: Numbers, I need to know who I can trust.

Numbers: Why would you listen to me now?

Redfirebird: I’m sorry, Numbers.

Numbers: No. No you’re not. Not yet.

Redfirebird takes one last look and leaves. He realizes that their relationship is irreparable at this point. Outside, he encounters Iceroll.

Iceroll: This craziness…this is too much.

Redfirebird: You should have thought of that before you let the Tele out of the box.

Iceroll: You want him? I can tell you where he’ll be this afternoon.

-----------------------------------------------

At the Lawrence of Arabia review thread, Chewy is seen approaching with his crew. He brings his spambots with him as well. Inside the thread, he finds an incredible pile of likes, with Firedeep trapped and tied on top of the pile of likes.

Chewy: Like I say, not as crazeh as you look!

Telemachos: I told you, I’m a man of my word.

Telemachos takes a look around.

Telemachos: Where’s the Taylor Swift stan?

The stream for the reveal of BoxOfficeMan has begun, and now Kowhite and Blankments begin taking questions from posters.

Walt Disney: Numbers didn’t want to give into this maniac, you think you know better than him?

Kowhite: If we talk to Numbers right now, I think he’d feel a little bit differently.

Blankments: And we all wish him a speedy recovery, God knows, we need him now. Let’s take another poster’s message

Chewy and The Telemachos realize Iceroll has bailed. Chewy continues to converse with Telemachos.

Chewy: What you do, with all your likes?

Telemachos: See I’m a man of simple tastes. I like Golden Corral. Indie films. And deleting things!

Telemachos and his crew prep to delete all the likes. Chewy turns furious and tries to prevent them from doing so.

Telemachos: And you know what they have in common? They’re cheap.

Chewy: You said you were a man of your word…

Telemachos: I am. I’m only deleting my half.

He deletes the likes. Chewy looks with a defeated look. Endlessly saddened by the waste of all those likes that could have belonged to him.

Telemachos: All you care about is likes. This forum deserves a better class of troll. And I’m gonna give it to them. Tell your posters they work for me. This is my forum now.

Chewy: They won’t work for a frrrrrrreeeeeeak

Telemachos: A frrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeak. Why don’t we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your spam bots. Hm? And then we’ll see how loyal a hungry spam bot really is.

The posters begin to drag Chewy away. Goodbye Chewy.

Telemachos: It’s not about likes…it’s about sending a message. Everything burns.

Telemachos begins to message the TV show with the BoxOfficeMan reveal. Meanwhile Firedeep is banned by the deletion of all the likes.

Blankments: Let’s take another poster. Who is this?

Telemachos: I had a vision. A forum without BoxOfficeMan. The Frozen Mob ground out a little profit  and the mods tried to shut them down, one thread at a time, and it was so…boring. I’ve had a change of heart. I don’t want Mr. Kowhite spoiling everything but why should I have all the fun? Let’s give someone else a chance.

Kowhite turns extremely nervous.

Telemachos: If Kowhite is not banned within 60 minutes then I blow up a thread in the HelpDesk/Suggestion forums.

Redfirebird and ShawnMR are watching separately. Redfirebird immediately springs to action.

Redfirebird: Call in every mod, tell them to head to their nearest HelpDesk/Suggestion thread and start evac and search.  Call the transit authority, anything.  Get every available transport to a thread. The priority is the Welcome to the Official Box Office Forums thread.  Wheel everybody out of that place right now. You, you, and you, you come with me.

Tawasal: Where are you going?

Redfirebird: To get Kowhite.

The Telemachos’ threat has also sprung ShawnMR to action. Even with his issues, he can’t let the forums being terrorized by the Tele.

ShawnMR: I need you plugged in, checking Redfirebird’s men and associated posters.

Accursed Arachnid: Looking for?

ShawnMR: Recent suggestions, or help.

Accursed Arachnid: Will you be taking the mobile app, sir?

ShawnMR: Middle of the day, Arachnid? Not very subtle.

Accursed Arachnid: Ah, the normal Box Office app then. Much more subtle.

TO BE CONTINUED

• Like 14

Why don't you let him have some fun? Maybe he WANTS to sleep his way into a role... :ph34r:

Anyway, this is very amusing. Good job so far.

I ask myself what would Nolan do, and I think he would just be nice. Bless him