kayumanggi

BLACK MASS | 09.18.15 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $62,575,678

No one is going to take this seriously because of #mortdecai even though it looks good. Johnny done goofed

If this is a winner, I think it'll show that Depp still has box office power in a good dramatic role. It's his career of doing nothing but "eccentric" roles that's pretty much over outside of sequels to established properties.

Depp annoys me and if he's in a movie, I will generally try to avoid it, but sometimes that's a bad idea - I didn't watch Transcendence since his face was on the poster, but actually he is like the 3rd most important supporting character, and the film is superb.

Depp has had his time, now someone make him walk the plank and stick to Pirates of the Caribbean for the rest of his life, where I can happily swim away and never see him again.

• Like 1

Depp annoys me and if he's in a movie, I will generally try to avoid it, but sometimes that's a bad idea - I didn't watch Transcendence since his face was on the poster, but actually he is like the 3rd most important supporting character, and the film is superb.

Depp has had his time, now someone make him walk the plank and stick to Pirates of the Caribbean for the rest of his life, where I can happily swim away and never see him again.

You like Transcendence :mellow:

Yep, one of my favourite films from 2014. It's full to the brim of ideas and most of them are executed properly. Pfister is da boss.

It has some good ideas, I will give it that. But Wally should never direct again. It was just an abysmal slog to sit through, and the fact that he let the slow-mo puddle splash scene happen is hilarious.

Hopefully this turns things around for Depp. He is getting way too much flack lately imo and he is truly a great actor.

Starting with Alice, for every one good project (Rango), there's three or four truly terrible ones. He hasn't had a great average the last five years.

That being said, this looks terrific.

• Like 1