kayumanggi

BLACK MASS | 09.18.15 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $62,575,678

No one is going to take this seriously because of #mortdecai even though it looks good. Johnny done goofed

Just like no one took the Town seriously because of Affleck's misfires?  

Depp still has clout in the right role.  No one wants to see him in what looks like shit films like Mordecai.  But this looks fucking awesome.  Cue the comeback music.

• Like 3

^

Really? Live by Night isn't happening any more?

That's an entirely different movie. Ben Affleck and Matt Damon were developing a Whitey Bulger film for WB, but WB dumped that project and chose Black Mass instead, right after they signed Affleck to be Batman.

• Like 3

Might be going way off into left field here, but there is a nice parallel here to Depp's first role in Nightmare on Elm Street.  There's a scene where Rod shows up at Tina's house and pulls a switchblade on Glenn, Depp's character.  Rod then says, "Did you see his face?" and laughs at Depp.

Depp, in this trailer, says pretty much the same thing to the guy with the steak.  "Look at his face."  Except this time he's the one laughing.

I thought that was interesting.

This is probably my most anticipated movie of the year. There is literally nothing else im remotely looking forward to with the exception of Ted 2.

What one of my bosses said, minus the Ted 2 part.