Dark Jedi Master 007

The Classic Movie Club: First Film-ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968)

I finished Rosemary's Baby.  It was very atmospheric, well acted, well directed and an overall well done film.  I've enjoyed a lot of Polanski's work and this might be his best.  I do think the film is more of a thriller than a horror as it really isn't all that scary, but like Psycho, it doesn't have to be.  Just a really good film from the 60's.

• Like 3

it's definitely true for me that rosemary's baby is creepy, not scary. when i watched it nearly a year ago, i thought it was a masterpiece. so it's pretty good.

i can be thrown on the end of the list if you wish for the 1930s.

There are 2 things that scare me in a movie. First is when a character is caught up in a web where everything is against him and he can't escape(this has made even non horror films scary to me) and the second one is when in a horror movie the main character does everything right to escape the threat (usually the characters do moronic things in horror movies, even the most diehard ones) and still can't make it. Another movie that has this aspect is Carpenterr's the thing where the characters do all the logical things and still don't make it .

RB is the only movie (compared to omen and exorcist) that i view as trully satanic for some reason .