JJ-8

Australian Box Office | 23-03-2020 - Cinemas are closed | 02-07 Cinemas are open (excl Victoria) | 09-10 Tenet up to 6m so far... Bill & Ted next to open

Ah, I see... I also see its way past midnight in Australia... You Aussies are really box office freaks... :)

:ph34r: :lol:always been a bit of a nightowl... though i really should be in bed given i've got work tomorrow

Hmmm. Bad news with Breaking Dawn. MA15+ rating here. Going to hurt it's chances here. Repeat business will be hit. Ow - 12mTotal - 27mNot good.

I don't think it will hurt it as much as people think. Most under 15's who are desperate enough to see it will find someone to take them. It'll just be the casual tweens where BD will loose.

It will take a significant chunk out of it and I don't see theaters turning there backs on 5 or 6 girls who might not be 15 when otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Tintin did get a lot of airplay (never new it was a comic before that though) - i only ever knew the tv series. played a lot on the ABC. in saying that, it's got the must see vibe for christmas. I think 20m is manageable. now just remember that tintin is released on the 26th december in australia. (a monday). It's facing Happy Feet 2 (a big danger I think to this films prospects), tower heist (different genre), and we bought a zoo. Puss in Boots will be already int he market (9th Dec), MI4 from 16th Dec. Alvin 3 hits on the 1st Jan. Sherlocke on the 5th. Muppets on the 12th, Dragon Tattoo (english version - note the foreign version did well here) on the 12th also.It's got a heck of a lot of competition so the film had better be good if it wants to survive.Puss -> 5m ? / 22m MI4 - > 3m (I see a failure here for some reason) / 13mHF2 -> 5m / 30m (depends on quality of film of course) NB 4m is the first full weekend.TH -> 2m/11m (same as HF2)Tin Tin -> 3m / 17m (as per HF2)Alvin 3 -> 6m / 22mSherlock - 8m / 23m (similar to i am legend type run i'm thinking.)Muppets - i have no idea how they will play.DT - not sure how well audiences will take to another version of DT given the first was popular here. (it made over 5m here in basically limited release)

I'm thinking The Muppets will do Yogi Bear numbers, or there abouts.Also, Alvin and Sherlock I feel will go a bit higher. The previous installments were great, especially Sherlock Holmes!

That's strange...why do you have to be over 15 to see a Twilight movie? :unsure:

Sometimes they make stupid decisions when rating films, you know, it happens.

It has been really quiet at my work over this weekend. I was wondering where everyone was, then realized what the date was this Thursday coming. How silly of me to forget. Everywhere I look there is a bloody Twilight poster.

• Like 1

Today was really quite, moneyball still to win though. Santas apprentice bombed hard for a kids film on sunday. In time still pulling prior in!

Comparable to DH1? or are sales less?

It seems to be pretty much on par with DH1, at my work at least. Sales are mediocre, but then again the movie itself doesn't look all that fantastic and this new rating wont help

Midnight is better for BD1 than DH1, but you have to remember that twilight had had midnights here for awhile, but DH1 was the first midnight for harry potter.

First few posts now updated with latest information........ will hopefully soon post the latest 2011 numbers (yearly) in time before the release of BD1..........