2 THE INVISIBLE MAN UNIVERSAL 1,294,534
3 SONIC THE HEDGEHOG PARAMOUNT 723,418
4 CHAL MERA PUTT 2 MINDBLOWING FILMS 538,073
5 MY HERO ACADEMIA: HEROES RISING MADMAN 413,945
6 MISS FISHER AND THE CRYPT OF TEARS ROADSHOW 311,059
7 I STILL BELIEVE STUDIOCANAL 265,913
8 THE CALL OF THE WILD WALT DISNEY 188,425
9 1917 UNIVERSAL 178,827
10 BIRDS OF PREY (AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN) WARNER BROS 168,756
  • Like 1

Just reviewing How Event are doing this, and while most cinemas are running a max of 100 tickets and only sell every second seat, it appears Gold Class while obviously not hitting the max limit is ignoring the social distancing by selling all of its seats......

7 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'll probably only go if Onward is still coming out soon.

Onward is previewing this weekend if you look around it's got lots of sessions on Saturday and Sunday.  Pretty sure it will be out fully from next thursday along with Trolls (both i believe are still planned to be released to cinemas)

EDIT :-  Trolls i've just found out has shifted out to a September Release here ?????? so they aren't going to try the VOD thing in Australia then ?

5 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Just reviewing How Event are doing this, and while most cinemas are running a max of 100 tickets and only sell every second seat, it appears Gold Class while obviously not hitting the max limit is ignoring the social distancing by selling all of its seats......

Onward is previewing this weekend if you look around it's got lots of sessions on Saturday and Sunday.  Pretty sure it will be out fully from next thursday along with Trolls (both i believe are still planned to be released to cinemas)

EDIT :-  Trolls i've just found out has shifted out to a September Release here ?????? so they aren't going to try the VOD thing in Australia then ?

I suspect if they don't have to do VOD, they won't. Despite the decline in cinema going, the box office is still too huge a money earner to just give up on.

Edited by lab276

Expecting an epic drop off this weekend with cinemas now restricted to maximum of 100 per theatre and also enfourcing the every 2nd seat in use going forward (some theatres will have smaller capacity than 100 as a result) Beyond that, i very much doubt that many will go to the movies this weekend given the recent escalation of cases here (+170 odd today been gradually increasing in the past few days more and more - nearly 900 cases in total, with more than 30% in NSW, most concerning for NSW is the increase in local transmission of the virus bumping up to 63 now)

wondering how much longer cinemas will hold out before the larger chains start closing....... beyond Onward there is becoming large gaps in the wide releases...... (as you would expect)

Stay safe and healthy out there everyone!

UPDATE : 

Cabinet Session has been called for tonight (Australian Time) to discuss a potential lockdown of all non-essential services.   NSW and Victorian Governments are pushing for a lockdown at this meeting.  Apparently Victoria will go it alone if the remainder of the country does not (schools will close as of Tuesday for example).  Northern Territory and Tasmania Borders have also been closed effective immediately.

In addition to the above :

- All Australians are urged to cancel non-essential Domestic Travel

- South Australia to close it's borders as of Tuesday [I think it's now only a matter of time before all State Borders in Australia are closed now]

[i'm not bringing up all the stimilus packages that have been announced]

Given all of the above, I'm starting to think that that this will be last week cinemas are open here in Australia for sometime.

33 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Wondering what accomodation cinemas means?

There is an enter missing there

hotels not accom (in hotels)

cinemas are closed effective 12 noon

Restaurants and cafes remain open for take away and delivery.  Just no dine in options

im guessing that includes food courts which are essentially take aways around a central dine in?

7 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

There is an enter missing there

hotels not accom (in hotels)

cinemas are closed effective 12 noon

Yep, such a shame, because they're empty tbh, probably safer than schools, which are still open.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Yep, such a shame, because they're empty tbh, probably safer than schools, which are still open.

All the fun options removed. Well done people on bondi beach the other day. You brought this on us much sooner than planned!

Last report for sometime with cinemas now closed indefinantly. As expected much weaker results. Noted some are showing coming soon from June with Wonder Woman first.  Not thinking this will hold. Thinking more like September at this point. 

• Like 1