JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Well I was wrong about TGWTDT being over $3m but right that it would beat The Descendants. It was very close for positions 2-4 though. Week Ending 18-Jan-12# Film Title Distributor Box Office1 SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS ROADSHOW 3,269,1172 THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO SONY PICTURES 2,335,4903 THE MUPPETS WALT DISNEY 2,302,8484 THE DESCENDANTS FOX 2,292,0725 ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: CHIPWRECKED FOX 2,157,3086 HUGO PARAMOUNT 1,699,3327 THE ADVENTURES OF TINITIN PARAMOUNT 953,9338 WAR HORSE WALT DISNEY 836,5129 TOWER HEIST UNIVERSAL 744,35710 THE IRON LADY ICON 736,050

hey all.. been a little busy to do up a report this week, but ...Sherlock is doing very nicely atm... think it's on par or just behind the first film looking at those numbers (total i meant). The muppets was a little lower than i anticpated. very strong week i think... 5 films over 2m ? not bad at all. Sherlock should be able to manage 20m+ Tattoo - i just don't know... 8m for now ?Muppets - 10m ? tough one to call as the holidays are winding up.the descendants - 6m to as much as 15m .. i have no idea on this one. (it opened a little lower than i thought it would)(awards could be a big factor on where this ends)alvin 3 - 16m to 18m i think is where this will end.Hugo - hmmmm another tough call.. going with 8m to 10m for nowTin Tin - still on target to 15m+War Horse - on target for 10m to 11m unless oscars bite.Tower heist - should hit 10m.Iron Lady - this is no kings speech here.. .will be lucky if it hits 10m.other notes - MI4 - looks like a 18m to 19m finish atm.PiB - well after hopes of 20m, it's going no where near that figure... 15m should still happen but it's only just going to reach that figure.- jajang

Descendants was sold out yesterday, and that was after it got changed to a larger cinema due to the golden globes. It'll definitely beat TGWTDT this weekend. I could see it be up near the top. The Darkest hour is going to be really weak I think, Journey will get the kids, and A Few Best Men could be huge. Looks really good and I think it'll be #1 this weekend :)

Descendants was sold out yesterday, and that was after it got changed to a larger cinema due to the golden globes. It'll definitely beat TGWTDT this weekend. I could see it be up near the top. The Darkest hour is going to be really weak I think, Journey will get the kids, and A Few Best Men could be huge. Looks really good and I think it'll be #1 this weekend :)

Doesn't A Few Best Men open NEXT weekend on Australia Day?Regardless, I have this gut feeling it is going to be a massive success!

I can't wait for it! It looks fantastic, and not only for the sake of this film and all involved, but for the future of Australian films, I'm really hoping for at least $10m.RTH, any word on budget and predictions or studio projections?

Looking for both A few Best Men and Any Questions for Ben to do $7-$10m (and even one making it to $12-$15m), as that would be fantastic for the film industry here and the future prospects of projects made here :)

And it's reasons like that that put Event Cinemas so much higher than everyone else! Hoyts and Reading just don't even come close to the experience you have when you go to an Event/GU Cinema, although Reading prices are similar ish.

We've had lots of people come into work trying to use the tickets even though they don't work until February :P Its an absolutely fantastic deal, and I see village really taking a larger share in Victoria for the next 2 months :P Nonetheless, this weekend is shaping up to be interesting. At my site, The Descendants is #1 so far this weekend, with Journey 2 coming in second place. Darkest Hour is getting about 35% of the business that Journey is getting, with most films easily beating it. The Muppets is holding strongly and TGWTDT is still pulling in the crowds :)