JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

2 hours ago, a2k said:

JW2's 7.9 usd ow is 25.5% smaller than I2's 10.6 usd in Australia. Dom ow was 17.9% smaller.

That 10.6 figure for Incredibles 2 was in AUD. I2 and JW2 basically had the same OW here. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone heard much about the plans for the old red hill skate arena which burnt down back in early 2000's and has stood derelict ever since. 

I'm hearing that there are plans now to return it to its glory days as a cinema. (Before it was a skate arena it was known as state theater I think) also have heard that reading Newmarket are trying to stop the development. Lol

(can't find the article unfortunately)

27 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Anyone heard much about the plans for the old red hill skate arena which burnt down back in early 2000's and has stood derelict ever since. 

I'm hearing that there are plans now to return it to its glory days as a cinema. (Before it was a skate arena it was known as state theater I think) also have heard that reading Newmarket are trying to stop the development. Lol

(can't find the article unfortunately)

https://www.smh.com.au/business/small-business/us-cinema-giant-takes-brisbane-brothers-to-court-over-arts-cinema-plan-20180629-p4zom6.html

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cybil said:

Thanks. That was the article. 

Found a bit more on it 

http://www.yourneighbourhood.com.au/enoggeraterrace-mannionstreet-redhill/

5 boutique cinemas(total 335 seating),2 bowling alleys with seating.  All within the existing structure. Keeping with original character of building. Returned to original name - Red Hill Pops theatre. Sounds interesting (apparently has been approved by council subject to the action by reading mentioned above).  1 strange point I did note was no parking? Mmmm. Not going to be great for parking there. It’s not exactly good as it is for the local restaurants on ennogera tce mmmm

20 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Any word on Ant-Man and the Wasp?

Did it open on Wednesday in Australia or was it just previews? And if it was just previews would it show up on this list or would they just count it towards next week gross? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I barely know how the box office works in the USA :P

8 hours ago, Nova said:

Did it open on Wednesday in Australia or was it just previews? And if it was just previews would it show up on this list or would they just count it towards next week gross? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I barely know how the box office works in the USA :P

It opened after 6 on Wednesday evening. It would have easily made enough to make the top 10 for the week. They just didn’t release the number. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Any chance of passing Dory in Australia?

I don't know, FD had $50m in LC I think so still a long way to go. 

I2 is at $29.14m LC atm.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1