JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

I think we are slowly starting to see midnights grow here in Australia. My cinema chain was trying them out with lots of the big blockbusters this year, and with TH being the second most anticipated film next year I don't really see why there wouldn't be midnights.. But i don't really know too much about the christmas end of the Australian box office..

Point taken. Though until very recently no cinams were open christmas day (or very limited). Mids wouldn't work well on boxing day I think. My own opinion and no doubt it will be tried. Still. HP8 has now shown cinemas what can be done mids and OD.

Same at my work.. Was really really quiet in the morning then we got slammed in the arvo. But I have an explanation!!Today isn't the boxing day public holiday, therefore most suburban shops will be shut: leading to generally lower numbers.Tomorrow however I am expecting absolute mayhem: 1. Cheap Tuesday2. School holidays3. Boxing day public holiday 4. Shops reopenWhich means:A Tuesday school holiday which falls on boxing day when the shops reopen!

We were actually busier than last year!! Ticket line was much shorter though due to mobile/online tickets.Tintin win the day today, with a really good 3D percentage (we usually have lower 3D percentages compared to the average). MI4 and tower heist both played strongly. War horse, WbaZ and IL all were pretty even. HF2 was decent.Tintin and HF2 will be massive tomorrow with families coming out for the cheap tuesday holiday.

Is that within expectations jajang?

26-27 Pretty much been what was expected although ATT has so far performed a lot higher than #2 film.26th is the 2nd biggest over the last 5 years (#1 2009 country mile, #3 2007,#4 2010), Xmas day 4th biggest last 5 years (#1 2009, #2 2007, #3 2010)FYI: xmas day 51 theatre open, been pretty consistent last 10 years, average last 5 years 52 open and back in 2001 58 were open Xmas day