JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

yeah true... I think this film could play very well for families... I took my daughters to see this film today and they loved it!  couple of scary moments for my younger girl but a big thumbs up from the target audience..... Personally I thought it was a very enjoyable film..... Captured the elements from the original film which this is loosely linked too (yeah ok i know there is a lot more out there on oz but still)  Frankly it was well above expectations... (better than alice was which is a good sign...) - i think an opening around 5m or even 6m is possible and wom should be strong... session i went to was about 80% full on a sunday afternoon (@ chermside vmax) FYI - I saw the film in 2D because my younger daughter doesn't deal with 3d very well yet.... 2D version of the film - i give a A- and yes i want to see it again but in 3D :P (anyone else say whether its worth seeing in 3D ?)

3D is spectacular! Definitely catch it in 3D if you can!

agreed... very much a meh weekend... 

to be honest, I had hoped oz would do more also making it more of a meh weekend that i thought initially... 

oz in theory should be a shoe in for 20m+ but with this opening... anywhere between 14m and 25m is possible.  

Before it opened, my bars for success were:

< 10m Flop territory, any worse and it's battlefield earth time.....

< 15m still a fail but not so bad as before... 

< 20m disappointment - probably what the studio's lowered expectations were......

< 25m ok result within parameters...

< 30m good... come on do better...

< 35m Good to great.... to 

> 35m outstanding! result  any more is just gravy...

now i think > 20m is going to be a good result given it's opening... given it has easter in 3 weeks it has a chance but only if it can hang around

• Like 1

Before it opened, my bars for success were: < 10m Flop territory, any worse and it's battlefield earth time.....< 15m still a fail but not so bad as before... < 20m disappointment - probably what the studio's lowered expectations were......< 25m ok result within parameters...< 30m good... come on do better...< 35m Good to great.... to > 35m outstanding! result  any more is just gravy... now i think > 20m is going to be a good result given it's opening... given it has easter in 3 weeks it has a chance but only if it can hang around

Exactly. It needs to be dropping around 30-35% to stand a chance of having any benefit from easter.

Goddess has very few sessions, at least at my local. Unless the limited sessions across the country are selling a decent amount of tickets, I think $2m will be tough.Maybe closer to $1m. I'm gonna go $1.3m OW, but with good legs.