JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

strong opening for die hard 5.... (die hard 4 opened with 3.8m in 2008)....

i'll do up a comparison soon.

lol @ the giant slayer :P

and it looks like 20m is probably dead for Oz now too... very disappointing.

The Croods should easily win! GI Joe #2 unless The Host manages to bring in any of the twilight crowd.

How does the counting for Adventures in Zambezia work? As Vic/QLD and SA I think get it today, but NSW/WA/NT get it in 2 weeks, then Tassy get it a week after..

The Croods should easily win! GI Joe #2 unless The Host manages to bring in any of the twilight crowd. How does the counting for Adventures in Zambezia work? As Vic/QLD and SA I think get it today, but NSW/WA/NT get it in 2 weeks, then Tassy get it a week after..

Like TASM, I'm assuming it'll just an extra-leggy run. Smaller numbers to begin with.

That's big for the croods. I think the last animated film to open that big was ice age 4 which went onto 27m or so. About or just below expected for gi joe.

ok just to temper these numbers....

All figures were in USD above. :(

Which means the following approximately in AUD:

1. The Croods - 4.8m

2. GI Joe 2 - 4.1m

3. A Good Day to Die Hard - EST 2m (3.6m USD total for entire world no breakdown so i'm extrapolating from last week)

4. OZ the great and powerful - EST 900k (13.1m running total for Australia in USD)

5. The Host - ?? no numbers for this one yet but i'm guessing 5th or 4th here.

No idea where the Host pops in amongst this..... but it might have snuck into 4th.......

after this who knows as there a number of films doing platform releases around australia in the coming weeks which could be anywhere in the top 20 if it all (well unlikely in the top 5 though :P 

Not really surprising. People don't really seem to give a damn about box office reporting. On a sunnier note, after increasing 86.7% on last weekend, The Sapphires has now made a total of $126,218 in North America!

Edited by Robertron of Oz