JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

avengers is totally different. bigger, more epic, more powerful villains, a variety of superheroes, great director(whedon, a wizard now), great script, and most of all - epic action scenes when its all combined.

i am willing to bet iron man 3 is not the #1 of the year. man of steel will be #1 in OZ(russ crowe factor, huge buzz, everyone i know wants to see MOS more than IM3) and $50m or so earner factoring 3d and price inflation

TDK did $39m in 2008, without 2d, and inflation. with 3d, inflation, it works to be $53m same ticket sales as TDK...imo so its a bit under TDK numbers..TDKR did $44m without 3d...which is $50m if it was 3d.

so on par with TDKR sales- definitely possible if the movie is as good as the trailers and early screenings indicate ("best of 2013")

Edited by Halba

I did hear a good report on the radio this afternoon. The reviewer was embargoed until midnight so it was fairly general comment. She commented on the action, said it had good sense of humour, said Kingsley was good and that overall she enjoyed it.

Looking at the release schedule, I just noticed that DM2 and MU are going up against each other. And both just the week after Epic  :blink: Have they learned nothing from Cars 2/KFP2? One of them should move at least to the next week or, preferably, to September. Or even the first week of July.

Edited by lab276

Just an indication..

This session is half an hour away from starting at Hoyts Bankstown. I worked there for 5 years and I know first hand that we did not sell out shows until at least the trailers started.

Posted Image

Like I said, still half an hour to go.

Just an indication..

This session is half an hour away from starting at Hoyts Bankstown. I worked there for 5 years and I know first hand that we did not sell out shows until at least the trailers started.

Posted Image

Like I said, still half an hour to go.

Wait, you mean you started to work when you was like 13 ?   :mellow: