Jump to content
JJ-8

Australian Box Office | Cinemas in NSW to Reopen 11th October

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RthBond said:

#2 per Thr avg, #6 overall, not many thrs playing

It's not even playing at George St. I've seen the same Indian movie in 3 or 4 languages at George St in the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

It's not even playing at George St. I've seen the same Indian movie in 3 or 4 languages at George St in the past.

Only in 9 NSW theaters. The WOM isn't good so probably not doing that hot. The first in franchise did A$940K. 2nd without NSW and VIC reached A$883K. If WOM was good, could have done A$1.5M but now may be A$500k tops.

FBerDTpVIAMf6Mf?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by charlie Jatinder
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A$607K weekdays for Shang Chi. I guess without Sydney would have been $150K Approx, so A$450K extra in Sydney reopening. I guess can add another A$600k in weekend in Sydney for a week of A$1.1M Approx. A$3M final probably.

 

Without Sydney, AUS was looking to end at A$10.75M, now probably A$14M. If VIC open in time, probably another A$2-2.5M.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

 

A$607K weekdays for Shang Chi. I guess without Sydney would have been $150K Approx, so A$450K extra in Sydney reopening. I guess can add another A$600k in weekend in Sydney for a week of A$1.1M Approx. A$3M final probably.

 

Without Sydney, AUS was looking to end at A$10.75M, now probably A$14M. If VIC open in time, probably another A$2-2.5M.

That seems quite low considering all the sellouts seen. So NSW and Victoria combined cannot even do $10m !!! Pre COVID SC could have done 30M+  down under as it has a big Asian crowd as well. 

Edited by keysersoze123
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That seems quite low considering all the sellouts seen. So NSW and Victoria combined cannot even do $10m !!! Pre COVID SC could have done 30M+  down under as it has a big Asian crowd as well. 

Let's see how weekend bumps are, may be they do A$7M ish. Delayed release gotta account to some loss. 10%, 20% or may be 30%.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The weekend bump was impressive indeed. Shang Chi A$1.44M weekend vs A$546K last week. Without NSW probably would have done A$400K, NSW boosted by A$1M+. Total now up at A$11.46M, should reach A$15.5M.

 

Honsla Rakh #3 debut with $220K. Still missing 30% market, good debut for Punjabi film but not great. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 5:40 PM, lab276 said:

Based on counting the total box office in this, I estimate that there have been around 20m tickets sold YTD. All things considered it isn't awful, but it's still highly likely to be the least attended year since virtually the advent of cinema. I have no idea how any other countries are tracking, but we might be in a relatively better position than everywhere except Japan quite possibly, at least among established markets anyway.

IsR5TXl.png

 

 

One year on...

 

I'd estimate we're at 29.9m admissions, so we're already past last year's total with two months and the biggest movie of the year to go.

 

mvR4OJc.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.