JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Easily IMO. Expecting A$60M from NWH. May be A$30M NTTD.

On the contrary, I think Bond will be the biggest film of the year. And why 60m for NWH? I'd say that's wildly optimistic. That would be more than pre-pandemic Rise of Skywalker and Jumanji 2.

Edited by lab276

7 minutes ago, lab276 said:

On the contrary, I think Bond will be the biggest film of the year. And why 60m for NWH? I'd say that's wildly optimistic. That would be more than pre-pandemic Rise of Skywalker and Jumanji 2.

It XMAS-New Year release which is HUGE in AUS as full of January is holidays and summer. I think NWH is doing $500M+ in USA, that should be enough to support A$60M total.

Bond I guess may be will do Spectre numbers.

A$2.17M OD for NTTD. IDK how much previews.

Spectre had A$751,145 previews & A$12,069,993 weekend. May be NTTD had A$800K previews and A$1.37M THU. A$10.5M weekend may be. 

A$290K THU for Eternals. Total A$8.27M. Mostly A$2.6M 2nd weekend.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It XMAS-New Year release which is HUGE in AUS as full of January is holidays and summer. I think NWH is doing $500M+ in USA, that should be enough to support A$60M total.

Bond I guess may be will do Spectre numbers.

Yeah but so did those two movies. Competing against each other sure, but there's Matrix opening on Boxing Day too.

9 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

NWH is bigger movie generally than TROS, much bigger J:TNL. How did raimi trilogy do here in admits as a sanity check?

23 hours ago, lab276 said:

Here's how the Spider-Man films have done in Australia till now (admits, all estimated)

Spider-Man 30.8m (3.4m)

Spider-Man 2 24.4m (2.5m)

Spider-Man 3 24m (2.3m)

Amazing Spider-Man 17.4m (1.3m)

Amazing Spider-Man 2 16.1m (1.2m)

Homecoming 25.7m (1.8m)

Into the Spider-Verse 13.7m (just under 1m)

Far From Home 37.3m (2.6m)

Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I know we jokingly say big numbers yuck, but that would be YIKES. 

I think 2nd place Spider-man in admits would be a fine result. Likely to do that or worse in many developed markets. 

I guess if ATP is like 10% up from FFH (as in many markets) then +20% FFH admits for 3.1 or so would be like 49M

Having seen finally trailers for some movies other than Bond and Venom, if my reactions are similar to the general audience, Matrix will do very well, Spider-Man will do so-so and Ghostbusters will do meh. Maybe Spider-Man will do it on the back of Marvel and Tom Holland being charismatic, but it looked pretty mediocre to me. I really don't see where the $60m/3m+ admits predictions are coming from.

Edited by lab276
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Having seen finally adds for some movies other than Bond and Venom, if my reactions are similar to the general audience, Matrix will do very well, Spider-Man will do so-so and Ghostbusters will do meh. Maybe Spider-Man will do it on the back of Marvel and Tom Holland being charismatic, but it looked pretty mediocre to me. I really don't see where the $60m/3m+ admits predictions are coming from.

On the back of nostalgia bait/crossover event status (Dafoe, Molina, rumored/assumed return of Garfield/Maguire)

Edited by Eternal Legion

19 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Having seen finally trailers for some movies other than Bond and Venom, if my reactions are similar to the general audience, Matrix will do very well, Spider-Man will do so-so and Ghostbusters will do meh. Maybe Spider-Man will do it on the back of Marvel and Tom Holland being charismatic, but it looked pretty mediocre to me. I really don't see where the $60m/3m+ admits predictions are coming from.

I agree the trailer was pretty ehh and I don't even have any personal hype but the trailer views did blew up and online buzz is def high with people comparing it with AIW, so that combined with XMAS-New Year I will be very disappointed with under 50M.

• Thanks 1