JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Relatively speaking WW didn't perform as well as Domestic in Australia but it had very good legs.

It had an OW of AUD5.71m and hit just over AUD30m

EDIT:as per below that was the 2nd weekend.

Edited by DeeCee

On 10/17/2017 at 9:54 AM, keysersoze123 said:

If I am not wrong it had meh opening but awesome legs. It almost grossed 30m AUD from meh OW. 

On 10/17/2017 at 11:20 AM, DeeCee said:

Relatively speaking WW didn't perform as well as Domestic in Australia but it had very good legs.

It had an OW of AUD5.71m and hit just over AUD30m

5.71 was 2nd weekend :), it only dropped 15% from  6.775m although it was holiday weekend and yes had very good legs its over 31.2m. It performed in the end as expected against Domestic (and also Canada agaisnt Dom), Way way over performed against the UK

Edited by Rth TIFF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm doing really well lately.  Didn't scroll down far enough on Numero's Twitter feed.

Hadn't noticed about the UK.  WW only made less than USD5m more in the UK.

Edited by DeeCee

59 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

New cinemas opened yesterday at the Central Park development near Central railway station.

https://www.palacecinemas.com.au/cinemas/central/

13 screens. Biggest capacity is 85 seats and floor to ceiling is only 5.5 meters, total seating around 570. be interesting to see how it looks

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rth TIFF said:

13 screens. Biggest capacity is 85 seats and floor to ceiling is only 5.5 meters, total seating around 570. be interesting to see how it looks

I wondered about that.  I suspected it was 2 floor heights at best since it was retro-fitted into a space not designed for a cinema.  I'll probably try and check it out before the end of the year.  I haven't been to Spice Alley when its been open yet so I could do both at the same time.

Are Palace running the Green Square cinema?

Getting close to the opening of the new reading 8 cinema complex at Newmarket.  

Was there the other and the internal fit is beginning I think. I suspect they are targeting a dec opening. 

15 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Was there the other and the internal fit is beginning I think. I suspect they are targeting a dec opening. 

December 14 maybe?

On 10/20/2017 at 11:26 AM, DeeCee said:

I wondered about that.  I suspected it was 2 floor heights at best since it was retro-fitted into a space not designed for a cinema.  I'll probably try and check it out before the end of the year.  I haven't been to Spice Alley when its been open yet so I could do both at the same time.

Are Palace running the Green Square cinema?

Most likely Event

2 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

Date is still TBA, but yes wanting to aim for dec if they can.

• Like 2