JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Pre-sales for JL seem quite low here. Event George St only has it on 1 VMAX still on Thursday evening. 

Miranda also has it on only 1 VMAX 

Yep. They have removed the midnight screenings as well. 

28 minutes ago, eXtacy2 said:

Yep. They have removed the midnight screenings as well. 

That's interesting. We haven't had midnight screenings for DCEU films in NZ since Suicide Squad iirc. There weren't any for WW and there aren't any for JL. I thought I saw SS selling well when I had a look once and it made quite a lot here in general, so it's curious that they'd stop them. But removing screenings they would've already sold tickets for seems strange.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I never noticed any midnight sessions at any Event Cinemas. 

This is the prime 7:30 session on OD at Event George St. It’s only 40-50% sold. 

https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Ticketing/Order#token=ed3070e6edbdf9b9f6502621b56a5524&step=tickets

Thats better than the biggest cinema in Perth which prime time sess one is only 15% sold.

I've just had a look at half a dozen theatres around NSW.  Pre-sales for all of Thursday for JL would at best be around 20% of TLJ's midnight sessions.

Event Miranda so far has sold 122 tickets for all of Thursday for JL.  The midnight sessions alone for TLJ have sold 1050 tickets.

• Like 2

edit: Numero chart up as well now.

MOTOE - $3.83 million at 307 cinemas and $3.9 million with previews

T:R - $3.82 million at 304 locations, falling by 43 per cent, which propelled the total to a hefty $26.4 million

ABMC - $1.7 million in its second weekend at 292, off 40 per cent, advancing to a respectable $6.3 million

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So JL......

mmmmm given the reports above and just Che ked chermside. Thor had sellouts at this point (gold class). JL has no sellouts yet and frankly theatres lucky to 15% full and no early /midnight shows. 

Given the lack of interest. Is a less than 10m OW on the cards. Heck I'm wondering if as low as 5m is possible. 

Anyone know of a 10m+ Opener with so little sales this late in the game? 

Before re this I had a 10m - 12m ow pegged. Now ..... 6m??

:gold:

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

You Australians must really hate Wonder Woman.

Shame that JL is opening day-to-date WW, I would have loved to see a Aus-US OW projections just to test out your theory here lol.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Shame that JL is opening day-to-date WW, I would have loved to see a Aus-US OW projections just to test out your theory here lol.  

I’m giving it a go from the Australian Thursday number although I won’t have much faith in the projection.  The DCEU just doesn’t have the same consistency for comparison as the MCU. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sam said:

21 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I’m giving it a go from the Australian Thursday number although I won’t have much faith in the projection.  The DCEU just doesn’t have the same consistency for comparison as the MCU. 

It's not looking good unless there is a lot of walk up business. 

Prime OD slots in vmax. Best is 50 out of about 270 seats sold. Other vmax is 20 out about 270. 

Fri / sat is even worse. Prime slots. Big openers normally showing half full by now. About 10-15 sold per showing. And these r the prime slots. Only saving grace is how many showings it has. 

Frankly thor 3 on less showings is selling nearly as many tickets. Mmmmmm

still think 6m+ but that's bad for this film.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1