JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

On 13/11/2017 at 3:17 PM, DeeCee said:

Event Miranda added a 7:30pm VMAX a couple of hours ago.  2 tickets in a 443 seat theatre have been solved.

Update. 4 more tickets have been sold. 

6 in total now. 

This session has been available for over 24 hours now.  Still only 6 tickets sold.

EDIT:Now up to 21 tickets sold.

OK.  Initial thoughts after looking at a few films.  I'm thinking the Aussie OW will be 4.5-5 times the OD Thursday.  That's roughly inline with Suicide Squad (x4.3), Fantastic Beasts (x4.6), Doctor Strange (x5.1) and Thor Ragnarok (x4.5-5).  So an OD of AUD2m gives an OW of AUD9-10m.

Wonder Woman had a AUD:USD multiplier of 15.3.  I'm thinking JL will have a multiplier of between 12-15.

At the top of the range.  If the OW in Australia is looking like AUD10m then I'd expect USD120-150m Domestic.

I'd be really worried for Domestic if the Aussie opening Thursday was under AUD1.5m.

The big caveat here is that for this comparison the DCEU has been all over the place.

• Thanks 1

I have agree. I just reviewed chermside event which is often among the top 10 locations in the country. 

Thursday average is 10% full excluding gold class which has sold about 36% so far. That's 1 sellout (gold class) - most had plenty of seats left with 1 still empty!. Also noted only 1 session has more than 40 seats taken and it's the 6.40 vmax at 60 or so seats out 350 sold. I remember looking on Wednesday for Thor 3 and there were multiple sellouts on Thursday alone and most vmax at 50% or better. 

Not good for the day before. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe its just a bad release timing. I think a lot of uni students are having exams right now. Couple in the fact we just had a really good super hero film. All schools are still in session for another 3 weeks at least. Plus a decent chunk of people are probably waiting on reviews. 

Edited by eXtacy

3 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

is that good

No

That session is up to 100 now.

It's likely to have an OD here between AUD1.5m and AUD3m.  SS opened with AUD3.2m

This 3D session starts in 1 hour at 4pm.

https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Ticketing/Order#token=8b31819f2c76ede8edaa87bf3599e99b&step=tickets

4 tickets have been sold.

• Thanks 1

I was expecting 1.5-2m from previous correspondence. 

I think 7.5-8.5m OW seems more likely. 

If we go with 8m and do a multiplier of 13-14 that gives a Domestic OW of USD104-112m

I’m going to go with USD106m. 

• Like 1