JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

50 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Is F8's od 2.6? If Dom bo shows the same drop from F7 to F8 in od as Australia (3.3 to 2.6), the Dom od will be about 53 (probably giving a 115 ow).

Yes.  The $2.6m for F8 is from Wednesday only.  It did roughly 3 times BatB on Wednesday.

I would think this opening in Australia suggests a best case drop of 15-20% and a worse case of around 30%.

Note that in Australia Friday and Monday are both nationwide public holidays and most schools are out this week.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

barely drop from F7, beyond fantastic 

Actually it's off more than u think. The opening is about on par with fast 6. Still good though. 

F7 opened to 14.6m (14.965m cume)

F6 opened 11.1m (11.3m cume)

F8 over 10m (12.6m cume) - as per our asguardian friend....

the big issue here is FOTF only has another 7 days until GOTG 2 opens (it opens on Monday 24th April here)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

Actually it's off more than u think. The opening is about on par with fast 6. Still good though. 

F7 opened to 14.6m (14.965m cume)

F6 opened 11.1m (11.3m cume)

F8 over 10m (12.6m cume) - as per our asguardian friend....

the big issue here is FOTF only has another 7 days until GOTG 2 opens (it opens on Monday 24th April here)

Yes. 7 and 8 both opened over Easter with similar competition although 8 opened in full on the Wednesday. 

All things being equal I'd say it's a 25% drop. 

• Like 1

The level of customer service has gone downhill since this time last year at Event Cinemas.  On the 21st April last year they invited me to an advanced screening of Civil War. 

On April 4 I made an online enquiry about an issue I have. I've since made a follow up enquiry, emailed them and even tweeted them. Still no reply. 

25 minutes ago, Olive said:

Are GV2 presales looking good?

They seem good. It's not something I've ever kept an accurate track of and it's an unusual opening here. 

At this stage I'll take a stab and say the following. (AUD)

Monday evening-$1.5m

Tuesday (ANZAC Day)-$4m+

Wed-Fri-$5.5m

Sat/Sun-$5m

I may do further research. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lab276 said:

What's this about?

I thought Event Cinemas had offered me a 1 off $10 regular movie ticket(normally up to $21) or $14 VMAX(normally up to $25) that I could use by the end of May. However, I've used it twice now and it's still be offered when I start the booking process. 

I hope it's not a glitch. 

Edited by DeeCee

Every time I used it the type of ticket was listed as this. 

1 x Cinebuzz Anniversary - $10 Offer(expires 30/05/2017)

I used it 19 times up until the end of March when it disappeared as an option. 

Even if they stuffed up you'd think they would realise after the 3rd or 4th time. Then, when they do notice you'd think they would send some kind of email. 

After 20 days I finally had a reply from Event Cinemas.  It's as I suspected. They stuffed up and it was only supposed to be a one time $10 offer. Well, I got an extra 18 uses out of it which means I saved about $200 and earned an extra 1200+ reward points(2 free movies)

"In relations to the Cinebuzz Anniversary ($10) ticket offer is a one time redemption offer, we made a fault on the set up and forgot to set the ticket type to 1x redemption, now that this has been fixed if you no longer see this it is because you have already redeemed it."

• Like 1