JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

Either that or Friday almost matched Infinity War's Opening Day in its 3rd day. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Friday was bigger than expected. 

Most people I know have taken all of this week off because Monday and Thursday were public holidays

• Like 1

ok so....

OD = 10.29m

Thurs = 9.5m - 10m

Fri - 8.7m - 9.2m ?

Sat ?????? Where the hell does this go from that... ~ normally we see a bump from fri - sat but as a min it's flat if friday played more like a holiday.......

the correct trajectory should see a Sat in the range of 11m - 12m but that just seems......... woah!  and then sunday around 8m

so my updated projections are :- 

Sat = 11.3m

Sun = 8.5m

OW ~ 38.5m (is that even possible ?)

Total by COB sunday = 48m - 49m

I mean even if it's more like :-

Sat = 10m (say flat with thurs)

Sun = 7.9m

OW = 36.6m (i'd say unless we see a major drop off, the floor for the OW is 35m) and a total of 45 - 46m

So at this point i have a range of 35m - 39m for the OW and a total somewhere between 45m and 50m on sunday night.

2nd weekend ~ 15m - 19m. and a total between 65m and 75m

3rd weekend ~ 8m - 12m ~ 78m to 91m

you get the picture....

I see a range of 90m to 120m (I am now on the 100m train in AUD for AEG at this point - and i agree @Robertron the absolute floor has to be 85m at this point and those legs would be horrible from here.)

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, JJ-8 said:

ok so....

OD = 10.29m

Thurs = 9.5m - 10m

Fri - 8.7m - 9.2m ?

Sat ?????? Where the hell does this go from that... ~ normally we see a bump from fri - sat but as a min it's flat if friday played more like a holiday.......

the correct trajectory should see a Sat in the range of 11m - 12m but that just seems......... woah!  and then sunday around 8m

Sat = 11.3m

Sun = 8.5m

It's going to reach the all time top 10 by Wednesday...

I can't buy into your numbers purely based on the fact that I want it to happen but don't want to be disappointed

11 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

ok so....

OD = 10.29m

Thurs = 9.5m - 10m

Fri - 8.7m - 9.2m ?

Sat = 11.3m

Sun = 8.5m

I mean even if it's more like :-

Sat = 10m (say flat with thurs)

Sun = 7.9m

OW = 36.6m (i'd say unless we see a major drop off, the floor for the OW is 35m) and a total of 45 - 46m

So at this point i have a range of 35m - 39m for the OW and a total somewhere between 45m and 50m on sunday night.

2nd weekend ~ 15m - 19m. and a total between 65m and 75m

3rd weekend ~ 8m - 12m ~ 78m to 91m

you get the picture....

I see a range of 90m to 120m (I am now on the 100m train in AUD for AEG at this point - and i agree @Robertron the absolute floor has to be 85m at this point and those legs would be horrible from here.)

Gosh.. when you put it like that how does it miss 100m?!?

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Robertron said:

100m? I highly doubt it even with the way it's performing.

This post aged well. 

1 hour ago, RtheEnd said:

AEG may just manage 29m after 1st 3 days or very close to it.

• Haha 2

These numbers just don't even seem possible. We're definitely looking at 45M+ in 5 days now, right? That's over 40% of the current record (TFA) and 50% over Infinity War. Imagine if that happened in North America. Obviously, that's extremely unlikely if not impossible, but just puts into perspective how crazy the numbers are. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

These numbers just don't even seem possible. We're definitely looking at 45M+ in 5 days now, right? That's over 40% of the current record (TFA) and 50% over Infinity War. Imagine if that happened in North America. Obviously, that's extremely unlikely if not impossible, but just puts into perspective how crazy the numbers are. 

In the 10 years I've been around here this is truly the most extraordinary opening 

Quick maths (probs needs checking)... 

As it appears to be somewhat realistic, a Thu-Sun OW of 35m would be 2.3x the current #10 OW (Deadpool with 15m)

The DOM equivalent would be 402m (or the entire DOM run of Transformers 2)

I know they're not in any way indicative of how AEG will perform but just mindboggling.

jfc.

• Astonished 2

1 hour ago, Fanboy said:

Obviously, that's extremely unlikely

Endgame is absolutely kicking the shit out of IW in all of the mature US-like markets, and even still people cannot bring themselves to believe. Soon the truth shall be revealed :stirthepot:

Edited by Thanos Legion

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Gosh I underestimated this film big time. But that's ok because you guys weren't even close 😏

Yeah ofcourse except Thanos Legion. 1.2 Billion weekend incoming.

wait ?  a fucking 1.2 is possible ? whats going on 

EDIT as someone who  agree with you for endgame quality ,let me tell you that the second time around was WAY better at least for me the first time , after i got out of the cinema i was like well it was good but then as the hours passed and the next day came i said to my self well this movie is fantastic as i was thinking about what happened in the movie etc and then when i saw it again i said yeah endgame is really fantastic , at least thats what happened to me same thing happened for me at least with iw

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fanboy said:

To really put this in perspective,

IW did 29m over its first 5 days. So if u assume the USA / domestic increases proportionally you 398m OW. Wow! Sticking with 300 but those saying 350m aren’t sounding so crazy now.  Just insane. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Gosh I underestimated this film big time. But that's ok because you guys weren't even close 😏

Yeah ofcourse except Thanos Legion. 1.2 Billion weekend incoming.

I was just a follower, @pepsa was the original conductor of the 1.2B train.     

There were some people seriously throwing around low 900s just a few days ago, can you imagine :hahaha:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

There were some people seriously throwing around low 900s just a few days ago, can you imagine :hahaha:

The trades still won't call the $1B+ WW opening even with $200M+ already from China alone, and $300M+ WW just from Wed + Thu. SMH 😂

• Haha 1

So I don't know if this was ever posted here, but I found an article that mentions $18m in advance sales for AEG. 

Notes it's a record but I'd be curious to see by how much! 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/new-movies/avengers-endgame-smashes-firstday-box-office-records/news-story/cc2d5b68f601c2f2875150db3ed3f2c7

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1