Jump to content
JJ-8

Australian Box Office | The Lion King | over 41m | TS4 about to cross 40m | AEG 84m

Recommended Posts

When will AEG start presales? will it have previews/midnight screenings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Olive said:

When will AEG start presales? will it have previews/midnight screenings?

Probably the same as in the States, April 2nd. 

 

Not sure if they'll have midnights. Don't think Infinity War did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has begun. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Event Cinemas George St in Sydney (largest and highest grossing in Australia)

 

Endgame on Wednesday 24/4.  VMAX sessions only.  Tickets have been on sale for about 12 hours.

 

TIME - AVAILABLE - CAPACITY

10:00am - 225 - 365

10:30am - 322 - 418

1:40 pm - 300 - 365

2:10 pm - 352 - 418

5:20 pm - 203 - 365

6:00 pm - 135 - 418

9:00 pm - 174 - 365

9:40 pm - 295 - 418

 

None of these sessions are in 3D.  They have other sessions starting from 8am.  Strange they didn't start the VMAX screens from 8am.  They could have had another pair of sessions at a more reasonable time late in the evening.

 

Endgame has sold 1126 VMAX tickets

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It has begun. 

 

 

Depending on time-zone, that's pretty much the same time it starts here in Germany too (midnights, 23 to 24 April CET)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

what did IW gross. How big end game can be. I am assuming Avatar still has the record?

In AUD

 

Avatar grossed $115.7m

 

Star Wars TFA $94m

 

IW $61.8m

 

Can't see Endgame reaching TFA let alone Avatar

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, austyphoon17 said:

In AUD

 

Avatar grossed $115.7m

 

Star Wars TFA $94m

 

IW $61.8m

 

Can't see Endgame reaching TFA let alone Avatar

How about Avatar 2? Do you think it can reach TFA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, DeeCee said:

Event Cinemas George St in Sydney (largest and highest grossing in Australia)

 

Endgame on Wednesday 24/4.  VMAX sessions only.  Tickets have been on sale for about 12 hours.

 

TIME - AVAILABLE - CAPACITY

10:00am - 225 - 365

10:30am - 322 - 418

1:40 pm - 300 - 365

2:10 pm - 352 - 418

5:20 pm - 203 - 365

6:00 pm - 135 - 418

9:00 pm - 174 - 365

9:40 pm - 295 - 418

 

None of these sessions are in 3D.  They have other sessions starting from 8am.  Strange they didn't start the VMAX screens from 8am.  They could have had another pair of sessions at a more reasonable time late in the evening.

 

Endgame has sold 1126 VMAX tickets

These 8 VMAX sessions at George St have sold a further 800 tickets in the last 20 hours. Now up to 1926 tickets sold.  Plus there are 4 x Gold Class sellouts and another 6 Gold Class sessions with only 1-5 seats remaining.

 

image.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

These 8 VMAX sessions at George St have sold a further 800 tickets in the last 20 hours. Now up to 1926 tickets sold.  Plus there are 4 x Gold Class sellouts and another 6 Gold Class sessions with only 1-5 seats remaining.


Thoughts on a $30m AUD OW? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:


Thoughts on a $30m AUD OW? 

I would say unlikely.  It's going to burn off a lot on the Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I would say unlikely.  It's going to burn off a lot on the Wednesday.


That's not included in the OW for Australia? Thought it was kinda like the 5 day OW in China or 4 day in UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, UserHN said:

How about Avatar 2? Do you think it can reach TFA?

No idea but if I were to take a guess I'd say no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:


That's not included in the OW for Australia? Thought it was kinda like the 5 day OW in China or 4 day in UK.

The weekend will be Thursday to Sunday.  The first 5 days should be over AUD30m.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia debuted on Thursday to an estimated A$895k ($636k), including previews, on 507 screens with a 48% share of the Top 5 five films.  These results are tracking 4% ahead of First Avenger.

 

https://www.boxofficepro.com/thursday-night-shazam-strikes-5-9m-thursday-night-launch-pet-sematary-digs-up-2-3m-start/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Australia debuted on Thursday to an estimated A$895k ($636k), including previews, on 507 screens with a 48% share of the Top 5 five films.  These results are tracking 4% ahead of First Avenger.

 

https://www.boxofficepro.com/thursday-night-shazam-strikes-5-9m-thursday-night-launch-pet-sematary-digs-up-2-3m-start/

Wow, tracking 4% ahead of a movie that unperformed in most O/S markets (thanks Paramount) 8 years later.  Impressive

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.