JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

14 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Every session at Event George St is selling out. Even the ones in the crappy theatres. 

It’s 5pm now. There’s nothing but Endgame for the rest of the evening except of 11:10pm Weeping Woman. 

#1 location  +64% higher than #2 location

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RtheEnd said:

OD AEG be Looking around 10.2m(Biggest OD) ,+9% on TFA,+17 on AIW which was public holiday . Day 2 being public holiday going to be huge.

Over or under OD?

51 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

OD AEG be Looking around 10.2m(Biggest OD) ,+9% on TFA,+17 on AIW which was public holiday . Day 2 being public holiday going to be huge.

Wow...absolutely massive.  Wonder how today will go. Less showings but a public holiday.

My showing was packed but was deathly silent for most of the movie with the exception of laughs every now and then.

ok negating the fact that the public holiday is day 2 of this (day 1 of the weekend), i have the following projections based upon a 10.2m OD for AEG

OW Projection :- 25m (if the public holiday is factored i suspect this could go higher and threaten TFA's OW record.....)

so an extrapolation for a potential domestic opening puts the OW at 301m  (id put down a range of 290m - 310m at the moment.)

EDIT : I used  IW as the base for this but who knows how this will play out

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

ok negating the fact that the public holiday is day 2 of this (day 1 of the weekend), i have the following projections based upon a 10.2m OD for AEG

OW Projection :- 25m (if the public holiday is factored i suspect this could go higher and threaten TFA's OW record.....)

so an extrapolation for a potential domestic opening puts the OW at 301m  (id put down a range of 290m - 310m at the moment.)

EDIT : I used  IW as the base for this but who knows how this will play out

I'm confused. If OD is 10.2m without holiday and IW was 8.7m with holiday, and IW was 23m opening, why would it only hit 25m? Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

I'm confused. If OD is 10.2m without holiday and IW was 8.7m with holiday, and IW was 23m opening, why would it only hit 25m? Am I missing something?

I'm going to assume it's a matter of getting such a large OW is just inconceivable than it is any indications of a dramatic fall off in daily gross.

16 minutes ago, Menor said:

25m is a extrapolation based upon EG OD being 17% improvement over IW....

however given RTH's comment above that Anzac Day is looking huge... i'm thinking above 25m (which  is think is the floor at this point)

Wed - 10.2m

Thurs - 8m

Fri - 5.5m

Sat - 7.9m

Sun - 6.1m

that would be 27.5m OW (pretty much matching TFA's OW record) and a running total of 37.7m

tbh that thrusday number  is the real question... i suspect it could land anywhere from 6m to 9m at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

So about 9mil shy of IW's final.....

no... you are talking about IW's total in USD... IW made 63m in AUD which is what all the projected numbers and the 10.2m OD is in .

17 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Unless otherwise stated you should always assume any figures in an individual countries thread are local currency. 

Yep. Though I’ll admit to getting tripped up waaaaaaaay more in countries where the local currency is still expressed with a dollar sign and the ER is somewhat close to 1:1.    

Say you sort of know that the total IW gross for a territory should be about $50M USD, and you go into the thread and ask what it made. If the answer is “£63M” or “¥63M” you immediately go convert the currency in google. If it’s “$800M” you go “wait, that’s 16 times what I know it should be... oh yeah, that figure is in examplandia dollars, let’s go convert to USD.” But if you get told “$63M”... no red flags. Easy to just shrug and go “oh, neat, $63M. Guess it made  a bit more than I remembered, time to tab to a new thread.” Just have to build up experience and be vigilant.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 2