JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Ah. I wondered if 2009 was up amongst this. The key difference here was the top film was a carryover. And what a carryover it was too. :);)

Apart from Avatar 2 (which I'm pretty 50/50 on making $100m), I really can't see anything making anywhere near $100m.If The Avengers 2 is as good as the firsts I could see over $60m, but other than that, nothing.

You know it's still amazing after 15 years of inflation that only Cameron has succeeded in putting films out that passed 55m. I'd have titanic to have been more than once by now. Anyone want hazard a guess to the next film to reach it.

RTH, how has today's heat affected the box office?Should we expect a higher than usual Friday?

Thursday was a scorcher in Melbourne, so both days should be higher then normal, can't believe how hot sydney is today! Though 2 years ago in melbourne we got to 47.5.. :P Edited by Ball Lightning
  • Like 1

If there are more people like me out there, aka people who said "fuck it" and went to the movies just to sit in some air conditioning for a couple of hours, then I think Friday's numbers should certainly be higher than usual lol. I saw Paranorman and there were a lot of families in the theatres. It wasn't a sold out session though.

Life of Pi requires 4.6x multiplier to hit 30m.Hobbit requires 4.3x multiplier to hit 45m.Wreck It Ralph requires 4.6x multiplier to hit 25m.Skyfall requires 6.6x multiplier to hit 50m.I hope all of them reach the respective targets. Skyfall will require some crazy holds though.

The 31st does seem a bit crowded with the openers. SLP vs ZD30 vs Flight. It will be an interesting tussle for first place.

All three are movies I have been dying to see! Will be a very busy (and expensive) weekend for me!But as for box office, and not including holdovers:SLPFlightZDT

Life of Pi requires 4.6x multiplier to hit 30m.Hobbit requires 4.3x multiplier to hit 45m.Wreck It Ralph requires 4.6x multiplier to hit 25m.Skyfall requires 6.6x multiplier to hit 50m.I hope all of them reach the respective targets. Skyfall will require some crazy holds though.

Problem is that the holidays that have been keeping these movies on the up are about to end. This weekend coming is the last but it is a long weekend. I think the following finals will happenLife of pi - 28.5mHobbit - 44.1mWreck it Ralph - 22.5mSkyfall - 49mThese my projections. From Tuesday 27th the midweek grosses collapse. Kids films especially collapse on weekends too.

Problem is that the holidays that have been keeping these movies on the up are about to end. This weekend coming is the last but it is a long weekend. I think the following finals will happenLife of pi - 28.5mHobbit - 44.1mWreck it Ralph - 22.5mSkyfall - 49mThese my projections. From Tuesday 27th the midweek grosses collapse. Kids films especially collapse on weekends too.

And you're forgetting Les Mis as well.It's crazy to think that one day will produce 3 $20m plus grossers!