JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Awesome, will go see it again Imax (If you can go see it in proper Imax). Overall reaction seemed great, people I saw who I knew all said enjoyed. It doesn't top TDK (pretty big legs to do that)it does leave you wanting more, overall awesome trilogy.

Edited by Rth

Awesome, will go see it again Imax (If you can go see it in proper Imax). Overall reaction seemed great, people I saw who I knew all said enjoyed. It doesn't top TDK (pretty big legs to do that)it does leave you wanting more, overall awesome trilogy.

Ok thats good to hear.Seeing on Saturday night - so pumped!

Sony better get a move on with Total Recall. Event is already selling tickets to Bourne yet still has TR listed as Sep 6.

Well from a previous post where Sonmy moved Total Recall onto TBL date, they have since moved it one week late to Aug 23also next yearcurrently Jun 20 Monsters Uni, Epic, Desp Me 2 National prevs 22-23 and opens QLD 24th rest jun27 (Date change late last week)Jun 20 also RIPD, World War Z, After Earth
  • Like 1

Yes, I almost forgot. Sony are the brains trust who opened TASM on State of Origin and probably lost over half of it's possible opening day business in the northern states. At least they saw some sense in this case.

Well from a previous post where Sonmy moved Total Recall onto TBL date, they have since moved it one week late to Aug 23also next yearcurrently Jun 20 Monsters Uni, Epic, Desp Me 2 National prevs 22-23 and opens QLD 24th rest jun27 (Date change late last week)Jun 20 also RIPD, World War Z, After Earth

Wow Monster Inc against DM2? Someone's gonna lose their job there!

Can TDKR open with 20M in Australia? What is the record?

A very very very tiny chance but highly unlikely. I think it will be $14-17m. It probably needs a Thursday of at least $5.5m to have a chance at $20m for the weekend.http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/141-australian-box-office-official-thread/#entry806

The gross for TDKR would also have been given a boost if there had been more then 2 proper IMAX in Australia. For the size of the market there should be at least 15-20 proper IMAX screens in the country. (I'm not saying a massive boost)