Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

Lombardia closed all theaters, and the region alone represents 1/5 of the national box office. Emilia Romagna did it too, and Veneto is the next. Like in SK, some movies' release date has already been delayed. In the areas more hit by the virus, the box office was down 80/90% from Saturday, which was already down from the norm.

Btw, it's 229/6 now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Omni said:

Lombardia closed all theaters, and the region alone represents 1/5 of the national box office. Emilia Romagna did it too, and Veneto is the next. Like in SK, some movies' release date has already been delayed. In the areas more hit by the virus, the box office was down 80/90% from Saturday, which was already down from the norm.

Btw, it's 229/6 now.

Take care man. I hope you have stocked up food and stay indoors. I hope the situation is under control soon. For that we need people to behave in a responsible manner than government putting in draconian measures. Dont know if that is possible in Italy.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Take care man. I hope you have stocked up food and stay indoors. I hope the situation is under control soon. For that we need people to behave in a responsible manner than government putting in draconian measures. Dont know if that is possible in Italy.  

Thanks! I've been in the hospital for five weeks, and as soon as this segregation ends a new one will certainly come. Oh well.

Yeah, people's behavious is more important than anything. And yesterday there were 20000 people in Venice for the Carnival. Not exactly the kind of attention one would expect under this situation. Many of them probably got caught by this collective psychosis last night and emptied the supermarkets this morning. 

• Sad 1

On 2/24/2020 at 10:42 PM, Omni said:

Btw, it's 229/6 now.

322/10 deaths

Right now, they're handling the situation quite properly I guess (as much as I know). Also, the wave of alarmism created by the media can only help the containment (of course on the other hand it causes an irrational hysteria, but I guess you can't have one without the other, unless you're maybe Japan).

That said, these measures have been taken too late. Controls were very scarce until a week ago. So scarce that an Italian guy denounced that he had to put himself under isolation for 2 weeks after coming from China in early february, as at the airpoirt no control was made and authorities just ignored him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1583133848423.jpeg--coronavirus__la_mapp

Progression of the virus. We just had a very very bad day yesterday with 566 new cases.

Overall 4-day weekend admissions around 300K, most likely a record low outside of summer. 2020 still over 2019, but that's going to stop soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes, unfortunately the CFR of 5% suggests that there are probably still many undiagnosed cases. Containment failure at this point seems pretty clear, and health infrastructure failure is following. But Spain/France/Germany/UK/US don’t seem to be learning the right lessons from Asia and Italy.    

Wishing the best for all Italian members of our little community.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 5