Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

La Stranezza by Ficarra and Picone won the weekend with 1.1M and it's the biggest opening weekend of the year for an Italian film, let's see if it will also have the biggest total

Black Adam is second and had a better drop than in Usa/Canada (-52%) and the total is now 3.3M, at this point 4M is locked and maybe it can aim for the 5M since Black Panther isn't an incredible opponent

In the end Everything Everywhere is out of the top 20 but should have passed the 500k, now I can finally rest 🫡

• Thanks 1

"La Stranezza" by Ficarra and Piscine grossed 1.1 million also in its second weekend (-1%) and the total is now 3.1M

Black Adam had another good drop (-35%) and is now at 4.6M, it already has better legs (and total gross) than Shazam after just three weeks

Now I'm curious to see how long it will take for Black Panther to outgross it in case it reach about 6M, in Usa it will do it in 3 days, in Italy maybe in 20? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Black Panther opened really well with 4.1M euros in 5 days, 8M should be locked and maybe it can reach 10M (the first made 7.3M)

La Stranezza passed the 4M as well, and the only other interesting thing is that the previews of One Piece made 400k with the film coming out in December

Edited by MG10
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Avatar beating Mionions,MOM,TGM,BP2 combined possible?

Well that would mean 50M and we'll see but it's probably too much, on the other hand it will certainly beat every Marvel movie of the year combined (Doctor Strange 14M, Thor 10M, Black Panther 10M and why not also Morbius at 3M). For comparison in Usa/Canada it would need to gross 1.3 billion to do the same 😅

Black Panther had a decent 50% drop, the total is now 6.6M (2.5M of them grossed during the week) 

Diabolik 2 opened with less than 600k, it will gross even less than the previous one. It looks like even adapations of famous Italian comics don't gross much, at this point we should just make movies for television 🤷‍♂️

Then we have also the re-release of Harry Potter 2 which grossed 400k, bringing the total to a very nice 21.3M

Edited by MG10
  • Like 3

Black Panther won the third weekend in a row with 650k and is now at 7.5M, surpassing the previous one which unfortunately underperformed a bit in 2018

Strange World opened with 600k and this is still better than I expected since the marketing was basically inexistent and the film is neither interesting nor good

In the meantime La Stranezze is still in top 10 and becomes the first Italian film to gross 5M this year 🥳

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bruce said:

Check the ticket price of Avatar 2 in Firenza,”only” around 💶11.2 and kids is even cheaper,far cheaper than I thought

And don't forget that big cities always have higher prices, here in the province of Brescia for example it costs 7/8 euros and even if they put an overprice it will cost at max 9 euros

The Italian comedy "Vicini di Casa" opened in first position with 600k, and I'd like to note that 12 years ago "Benvenuti al Sud" by the same lead actor grossed 30 million euros

One Piece grossed 350k for a 750k total, let's see if it will surpass Dragon Ball Super Hero

Black Panther is fifth and grossed 300k after a 50% drop, for a total now close to 8M. Before the end of December it will surpass both Fantastic Beasts and Jurassic World

In the end the re-re-release of Top Gun made just 50k euros, the total is now 13.1M

Edited by MG10
  • Like 2

Puss in Boots 2 opened with just 2 million euros (including previews), which isn't particurarly worse than the previous film but I doubt it will have the same excellent legs that bought it to 16M 

Despite this I'm not too worried about Avatar, and in any case to enter the official top 10 of the highest grossing films it must exceed the 30.3 million of Endgame, while to enter in the estimated top 10 (which I re-post further down) it needs instead 38 million

TOP 15 MOVIES BY ESTIMATED GROSS IN ITALY

1) €71M - Titanic (1998)
2) €68.6M - Avatar (2010)
3) €65.4M - Quo Vado? (ITA 2016)
4) €52M - Sole a Catinelle (ITA 2013)
5) €47.8M - Life is Beautiful (ITA 1997)
6) €46.2M - Tolo tolo (ITA 2020)
7) €43.5M - Che Bella Giornata (ITA 2011)
8)€40.1M - Il Ciclone (ITA 1996)
9) €38.3M - Fuochi d’Artificio (ITA 1997)
10) €37.9M - Chiedimi se Sono Felice (ITA 2000)

11) €37.5M - The Lion King (2019)

12) €34.6M - Natale sul Nilo (ITA 2002)

13) €33.5M - Pinocchio (ITA 2002)

14) €32.9M - The Lion King (1994)

15) €32.3M - Così è la Vita (ITA 1998)

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

My mid-size theater is looking like it will be basically sold-out for the entire wed-sun frame except for the early day shows during the weekdays. Pretty damn impressive.

Nevermind, just noticed they added a bazillion new 2D shows like yesterday/today so those are pretty free atm. It's playing 17 times a day here now on a theater with only 9 screens total. Holy fuck.

Not sure if I'm tripping but it seems my theater might be straight up kicking every other film from playing this week, as the only shows other than A2 from wed onwards are...1 show for fabelmans on sat and sunday. And that's it.

Like...this is my theater this wednesday. There's nothing else on the page. I just tried to enter the puss page and it doesn't have a single show scheduled right now after tue. Lol.

image.png?width=938&height=676

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2