Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Minions 2' on course to become biggest film of 2022

On 12/7/2021 at 11:49 PM, Flopped said:

Is House of Gucci expected to do well here? It seems to be doing well in Europe and Italy feels like a no-brainer for it to smash. 

I can't wait for numbers. Italian paparazzi and the press went absolutely gaga (pun intended) for this. Spoiled the whole movie with pap photos lol.

The 4K re-release of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" has grossed a total of €1.87M ($2.1M) at the end of its 5 days in theaters, bringing the total of the film from 25.3M to 27.1M

It went from the 24th to the 20th position in the list of the highest grossing movies ever in Italy (link), but it must be said that for most of the films prior to 2000 the totals are actually higher since not all cinemas were covered (for Harry Potter himself, which is from 2001, there are in fact some sources that put it at 29/30M after its first release)

• Astonished 1

I think this is a good time to make some predictions for the upcoming Christmas box office, which will probably save a truly disastrous year. Theaters were closed or at half capacity for most of the year and with few releases available (sometimes even "sabotaged" by an online release like Black Widow), then this fall there was finally something with Venom, Eternals, Dune and No Time to Die all grossing about €7/8 million (but I was hoping at least 10M for James Bond...)

Of those coming out this week I expect at minimum 15M from Spider-Man (and possibly over 20M), at least 5M from Diabolik (comic-book adaptation) and "Chi ha Incastrato Babbo Natale" (Christmas movie), and maybe 5M also from House of Gucci

Then in the next few weeks we'll also have Sing 2 (the first made 9M), "Chi ha incastrato la Befana 2" (the first made 8M) and Matrix 4 which will be really interesting since the first 3 films were a great success

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zamor said:

1300 screens for Spiderman, this is probably the biggest release ever (?)

Wow where did you find it? That would indeed be pretty impressive, especially considering that some cinemas have gone bankrupt in the last couple of years

That said, I remember Quo Vado being released in 1500 theaters in 2016, and I have no idea of the possible numbers of other important movies (especially the older ones) 

Edited by MG10

19 hours ago, Danhjpn said:

18.6 OW? 

Full run 30? 

🤪

Your numbers for the weekend are extremely generous, here the films come out on Wednesday instead of Thursday and Friday like in normal countries so they tend to arrive a little "weak" towards the end of the week 😅

I expect something like this:

3M

2M

1.5M

2.5M

2M

So an OW more than double than From Home and triple than The Eternals, which was the best debut of the last two years. And more than 20M full run passing the first three Spider-Man and Infinity War 👍🏼

Edited by MG10
Removed some spaces between the numbers

20 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Your numbers for the weekend are extremely generous, here the films come out on Wednesday instead of Thursday and Friday like in normal countries so they tend to arrive a little "weak" towards the end of the week 😅

I expect something like this:

3M

2M

1.5M

2.5M

2M

So an OW more than double than From Home and triple than The Eternals, which was the best debut of the last two years. And more than 20M full run passing the first three Spider-Man and Infinity War 👍🏼

Very sad it wont touch 30 full run?

Top ODs

1. TOLO TOLO - €8,828,981
  2. Quo vado? - €7,360,92
  3. Avengers: Endgame - €5,377,882
  4. Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows 2 - €3,185,844
  5. Lion King - €3,137,388
  6. Avengers: Infinity War - €3,103,621
  7. Spider-Man: No Way Home - €3,050,000
  8. Spider-Man 3 - €2,774,646
  9. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - €2,741,322 
  10. Che bella giornata - €2,722,367
  • Like 2

For a working day it was hard to expect more. TLK Harry Potter were during the summer, Endgame and the italian ones were holidays/January 1.

Infinity War like EG was released on a national holiday April 25th.

Edited by XO21
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, XO21 said:

For a working day it was hard to expect more. TLK Harry Potter were during the summer, Endgame and the italian ones were holidays/January 1.

Infinity War like EG was released on a national holiday April 25th.

I assume the upcoming holidays should help legs?