AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

10 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Variety's saying 15m. Where are you seeing 20m?

Deadline said mid teens to $20M. I think LAT said it too, not too sure on the last one though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trifle said:

LAT said Sony projected $15M.  I don't think it gave its own projection.

Oh, I probably got it confused for PD, my bad.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Oh, I probably got it confused for PD, my bad.

Actually, here is a different LAT article that does say it may top $20M for the three day, so you are right.  I saw a different article that only cited the studio estimate.  http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-movie-projector-20160808-snap-story.html

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

R rated animated movies will always have ceiling in the USA.

Watch how many outraged parents there will be this weekend after stupidly bringing their kids to this movie!

The trailer was accidentally shown in front of a Dory screening last month.  But if parents bring their kids to R rated movies they have only themselves to blame.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Unless I read a different Variety article (quite possible!), there was no mention whose prediction it was: Sony's or Variety's.

I was talking about the la times.  But there were two LA Times articles, one where they quoted Sony and one where they gave their own prediction that it 'might top $20M over the three day'.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

We will never get anything besides family animated movies as long as people don't give rated R animated movies a chance.

That's the sad part of American animation. I like how studios like Disney are trying to make more mature films, but R-rated animation is going to stay on the small screen as long as adults keep seeing it as a product for their children.

Edited by Alpha

28 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Parents always believe animation is kid friendly 

The trailer was accidentally shown at a Dory screening, so that was just a mistake, but not the parents' fault.  But if parents take their kids to a movie and don't even pay attention to an R rating, that is different.

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's the sad part of American animation. I like how studios like Disney are trying to make more mature films, but R-rated animation is going to stay on the small screen as long as adults keep seeing it as a product for their children.

Archer needs a movie.

You know, it's not just Americans. Pretty much the whole world other than Japan sees animation as being for kids.

But I think there's a conflict of interest here. Is it more important that kid-friendly animated films get adult appreciation, or that animation filmmakers make more films explicitly for adults?

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Movie theaters should put up signs at the ticket buying window saying that "Sausage Party is Rated R - Children not allowed" just to cover their asses from stupid parents that might take their kids to this.

But to be fair, my movie theater always asks to see ID for rated R movies.