AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

84% on RT, average critic rating is 7.1/10, top critic average critic rating is 7/10, and audience score is 72%.

I think it'll do really good BUT I don't think it'll be the "Deadpool of animation". That's just hyperbole. I really thought the average critic rating would be higher. Let's wait until more reviews come in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

84% on RT, average critic rating is 7.1/10, top critic average critic rating is 7/10, and audience score is 72%.

I think it'll do really good BUT I don't think it'll be the "Deadpool of animation". That's just hyperbole. I really thought the average critic rating would be higher. Let's wait until more reviews come in.

Both Ted and This Is The End had about the same audience score as Sausage Party, it should be fine.

• Like 1

Well, if this is a hit, don't know if it'll help R rated animation in general but Rogen will certainly have Cate Blanchette with the studios

There will always be the misconception that animated movies are for children in the US, that has been around for decades now.

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

There will always be the misconception that animated movies are for children in the US, that has been around for decades now.

I fucking hate that misconception so much.

And I do wish there were more non-Japanese animated movies/TV shows for adults. Which is why I need the new Samurai Jack season to not suck

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

How? What new movies are being made because of it?

The movie was literally just released in February. But you do have Fox planning out films with X-force and such with Deadpool as the core character. One could also argue that had Deadpool flopped, you wouldn't be getting an R-rated Wolverine. Also using the excuse "an R-Rated comic book film will make less money than a PG-13 one," is no longer a valid excuse as to why the studio went in the PG-13 direction. 

Same thing will happen here. This now opens the door for folks to be like hey an R-rated animation worked....lets see what happens when we make one of our own. 

Anyway, I'm not turning this into a Deadpool thread. If you don't see the possibilities that have opened up because of a film like Deadpool and now SP, then I don't know what to tell you because its all right there. 

Edited by Nova

Stop blaming the US only for the animation age ghetto. I'd be shocked if this movie does anywhere near as good abroad as it will in America

That has more to do with the gross out rated R humor than it being animation.

This is the End only made 20% of its total overseas.