AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

2 hours ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Rogen's fanbase will show up for this certainly...not to mention it also has Franco, Wiig, Hill, Rudd, Cera, Hader, McBride, Robinson, etc.  it also has a high chance of being good

OW: 27 M

DOM: 109 M (a 4x multiplier sounds reasonable to me)

Are you freaking kidding? Did you think The Night Before was also going to make that much money?

27 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Are you freaking kidding? Did you think The Night Before was also going to make that much money?

Yes...but I firmly believe that The Night Before was a fluke.  Honestly, releasing a Christmas movie before Thanksgiving was a pretty bad idea lol.  Not to mention the Star Wars effect was in play. 

27 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yes...but I firmly believe that The Night Before was a fluke.  Honestly, releasing a Christmas movie before Thanksgiving was a pretty bad idea lol.  Not to mention the Star Wars effect was in play. 

That's always when they're released. No one wants to watch a Christmas movie after Christmas

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

That's always when they're released. No one wants to watch a Christmas movie after Christmas

To be fair, TNB always had a bit of trouble with release.  Either it gets released before Thanksgiving when lots of people aren't in a Christmas mood or goes up against Star Wars...neither sounds like a good option.  

17 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

As for this movie, I kind of wonder if it'll fall victim to the animation age ghetto. Even if it is R rated, I don't know if its target audience would be able to ask their buddies if they want to see it with a straight face

It also might fall victim to being a bad movie.

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/709118808535883777/video/1

Although, that preview doesn't look totally shitty. I thought we were going to get something that looked worse than Hoodwinked when that screenshot came out.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It also might fall victim to being a bad movie.

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/709118808535883777/video/1

Although, that preview doesn't look totally shitty. I thought we were going to get something that looked worse than Hoodwinked when that screenshot came out.

its a 15 second preview...I guess 15 seconds out of a 90 min.+ film means it'll be bad

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Looks more like a parody of Illumination/Blue Sky than Pixar

Maybe this film will have something intelligent to say about cliches that we see in so many PG animated films.

Holy shit, I can't believe I said that.

Just now, ThatOneGuy said:

its a 15 second preview...I guess 15 seconds out of a 90 min.+ film means it'll be bad

Uh, I thought the screenshot looked like shit. And it still does look like shit, by the way. They really got off on the wrong foot.

The preview looks pretty fine.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Uh, I thought the screenshot looked like shit. And it still does look like shit, by the way. They really got off on the wrong foot.

The preview looks pretty fine.

if you meant the animation looks like shit, what did you expect?  Seth rogen isn't known for being able to masterfully create beautiful animation

Just now, ThatOneGuy said:

if you meant the animation looks like shit, what did you expect?  Seth rogen isn't known for being able to masterfully create beautiful animation

The animation does not look like shit, in my opinion. It's actually decent. Seth Rogen got the right production team for this movie. The directors Greg Tiernan and Conrad Vernon are animation veterans.

Just now, cannastop said:

The animation does not look like shit, in my opinion. It's actually decent. Seth Rogen got the right production team for this movie. The directors Greg Tiernan and Conrad Vernon are animation veterans.

So then why the hell did you think the screenshot look bad...it's still a small photo of a 90 minute+ movie, soooo...

4 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

So then why the hell did you think the screenshot look bad...it's still a small photo of a 90 minute+ movie, soooo...

All I'm saying is that in motion, it might not be so bad. And that's the point of animation anyways.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, ThatOneGuy said:

The Night Before did about as well as a non-family-friendly Christmas movie usually does. R-rated animated movies are even more of a niche anomaly, so even those numbers would be something of a win for this (I doubt the budget was very high by animated standards).