Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Friend of mine is buying a 60 bedroom town house in London, am currently in the process of trying to convince him to paint the outside Avatar blue and call it Pandora Heights. 

You're joking but I'm convinced that a resort modeled after Home Tree with a bunch of bungalows suspended onto trees and rocky structure to imitate the Hallelujah mountains would make a killing especially if at night it becomes bioluminescent. A bit like in Indonesia you have this:

38007966_1197083483767523_68645126514189

bain-de-jouvence.jpg

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

You're joking but I'm convinced that a resort modeled after Home Tree with a bunch of bungalows suspended onto trees and rocky structure to imitate the Hallelujah mountains would make a killing especially if at night it becomes bioluminescent. A bit like in Indonesia you have this:

38007966_1197083483767523_68645126514189

bain-de-jouvence.jpg

there's business opportunity for you @JamesCameronScholar

23 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/30/what-the-disney-fox-deal-means-for-avatar-and-star-wars/#7aaa2c6f628b

Scotty, Scotty, Scotty...

Avatar's release dates will not bend for Star Wars.

Oh god I can see it now... Avatar 2 makes $3b and they credit it to Disney marketing.

Avatar has what SW doesn't - lots of love in Asia and Latin America. :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Valonqar said:

Avatar has what SW doesn't - lots of love in Asia and Latin America. :bravo:

and europe.. and japan and south korea..

basically more love everywhere that isn't North America.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

And SW didn't hold above Avatar in NA for too long either. Only one movie and the rest fell like a rock. :lol:

The way to avoid that is to make quality movies! No concerns on that front from the Jim gang.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The way to avoid that is to make quality movies! No concerns on that front from the Jim gang.

:bravo:

SW's complete debacle in Asia and LA is a wonder to behold. How could they possibly go so wrong there? And no, I don't accept the excuse that they didn't grow up on OT and/or PT. F&F started out as only 62M OS franchise that went up to 108M then drop to 95M and then suddenly jump to 208M and then 416M, 550M and finally the massive leapfrog to 1.163B OS (over TFA and JW!). OTOH, PT had almost 500M OS in its original run, down to 338M and then up to 468M. So definitely bigger deal OS than F&F in the comparable period. yeah, poor excuse, it's that many OS markets don't dig the story and characters in these new movies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

:bravo:

SW's complete debacle in Asia and LA is a wonder to behold. How could they possibly go so wrong there? And no, I don't accept the excuse that they didn't grow up on OT and/or PT. F&F started out as only 62M OS franchise that went up to 108M then drop to 95M and then suddenly jump to 208M and then 416M, 550M and finally the massive leapfrog to 1.163B OS (over TFA and JW!). OTOH, PT had almost 500M OS in its original run, down to 338M and then up to 468M. So definitely bigger deal OS than F&F in the comparable period. yeah, poor excuse, it's that many OS markets don't dig the story and characters in these new movies. 

I never bought that TFA was a good movie, I bet to those not brought up on Star Wars it was mediocre at best. I could see past the nostalgia and see it for what it was. I extremely safe movie with no great action or no emotional resonance... which is a sin for a big blockbuster movie.

15 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Actually I'm serious! 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62919835.html 

13 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I never bought that TFA was a good movie, I bet to those not brought up on Star Wars it was mediocre at best. I could see past the nostalgia and see it for what it was. I extremely safe movie with no great action or no emotional resonance... which is a sin for a big blockbuster movie.

I was brought up on SW and it was still sub-mediocre. Youre right it was safe and dull. The thing about Cameron is even though Avatar was a pretty generic story, it was still not safe and dull, which he never does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GirafficPark said:

Everything is ugly for the price in London, this is a place where an under stairs cupboard is rented out for £600 a month.

Ain't that the truth, I remember buying a parking space awhile ago for 8 grand, sold it last year for double that. It's a mad mad city. 

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Ain't that the truth, I remember buying a parking space awhile ago for 8 grand, sold it last year for double that. It's a mad mad city. 

Yeah i was paid £250K+ in London and had to have a Tesla as a car because of London congestion charge (which was bollocks by the way), and my home was rented and small because I couldn't buy anything since everything was already all bought up by 'investors'.

Moved to Devon, I get less than half the pay, but the air is clean, the house is mine and 5x the size, and I can have a thumping V8 turbo again!

• Like 1

Just now, GirafficPark said:

Yeah i was paid £250K+ in London and had to have a Tesla as a car because of London congestion charge (which was bollocks by the way), and my home was rented and small because I couldn't buy anything since everything was already all bought up by 'investors'.

Moved to Devon, I get less than half the pay, but the air is clean, the house is mine and 5x the size, and I can have a thumping V8 turbo again!

You don't need a loud engine. My cla45 is nice and quiet and still fast as fuck

My hyperstrada however isn't so quiet 

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

You don't need a loud engine. My cla45 is nice and quiet and still fast as fuck

My hyperstrada however isn't so quiet 

I beg to differ, I do need a loud engine 😍  , but it has to be the right note. Its a Merc E63AMG S, its a shame they dont use the old non turbo V8, but the current one is good enough.

• Like 1