Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Posted over at IMDB - the common themes of James Cameron movies.

- Fierce female characters

- Squad goals

- Monitors (tech)

- The colour blue

- Aerial awe

- Underwater worlds

- Big budgets

- Vanguard visual effects

- Superior firepower 

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls025720609/videoplayer/vi3478894873?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=40d9e20a-9c3a-46fc-b753-e655c8929922&pf_rd_r=YFJR3TJAJVHPMAA02HYJ&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_vd_jc_dt_hd

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Avatar and Star Wars have completely different themes and focuses. Cameron's message in the film was very much about the beauty of nature and the environment so a lot of attention was paid to setting of Pandora.

On the flip side, the characters of Avatar don't hold a freaking candle to the characters of Star Wars.

Cameron is not going for larger than life type characters with a high quips quota. As soon as someone acts more down to earth he/she is being considered boring. Well, i can't say i agree...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Avatar and Star Wars have completely different themes and focuses. Cameron's message in the film was very much about the beauty of nature and the environment so a lot of attention was paid to setting of Pandora.

On the flip side, the characters of Avatar don't hold a freaking candle to the characters of Star Wars.

There is alot more to Avatar than "beauty of nature", which is literally the most superficial thing you can take away from that movie.

And I dont agree, Avatar and Star Wars are very different movies that require very different characters. Both Star Wars and Avatar have characters that are perfect for the movie they are in.

• Like 1

https://insidethemagic.net/2018/08/interview-avatar-film-producer-jon-landau-talks-sequels-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-at-walt-disney-world/

Jon Landau interview

0406ZS_0005KP-004.jpg?resize=768,527&ssl

So this suit is inspired from the sequels.

He's not wearing an oxygen mask? Suppose it says inspired, that could be the different.

Edited by IronJimbo

On 8/16/2018 at 6:59 PM, Deuce66 said:

Posted over at IMDB - the common themes of James Cameron movies.

- Fierce female characters

- Squad goals

- Monitors (tech)

- The colour blue

- Aerial awe

- Underwater worlds

- Big budgets

- Vanguard visual effects

- Superior firepower 

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls025720609/videoplayer/vi3478894873?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=40d9e20a-9c3a-46fc-b753-e655c8929922&pf_rd_r=YFJR3TJAJVHPMAA02HYJ&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_vd_jc_dt_hd

that's a cool video love the visuals

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

that's a cool video love the visuals

I know they missed a few common themes.

- Love story 

- Us versus them (I guess this could fall under squad goals) 

- Dangers of corporate greed

- Life threatening situations

- Humans versus technology (conflicts)

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Pandora is going to get terraformed. Old 'Shake 'n' Bake Colony'.

damn...

well LANG did say it's Avatar on steroids so perhaps.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Pandora is going to get terraformed. Old 'Shake 'n' Bake Colony'.

Humans would be stupid enough to do that, it would certainly take care of the Navi problem.....along with any other creatures that breathe. 

Edited by Deuce66
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Humans would be stupid enough to do that, it would certainly take care of the Navi problem.....along with any other creatures that breathe. 

All that matters is that the rock can be mined. Don't need indigenous life for that. 

13 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

All that matters is that the rock can be mined. Don't need indigenous life for that. 

"That's what I'm talking about" - Quaritch - right out of the RDA handbook. 

Question regarding the sequels - how do you think he along with a few others get resurrected?? are they clones, do they have spares in storage somewhere? Q took 2 massive poisoned arrows into his chest, Weinfleet got stomped/crushed to death. 

Just now, Deuce66 said:

"That's what I'm talking about" - Quaritch - right out of the RDA handbook. 

Question regarding the sequels - how do you think he along with a few others get resurrected?? are they clones, do they have spares in storage somewhere? Q took 2 massive poisoned arrows into his chest, Weinfleet got stomped/crushed to death. 

I have to go with clones and stored memories.

They grow Avatar's on the Adventure Star over the 4 years they're travelling.

They 100% can clone and create a fully grown adult human body, the tricky part is the memories.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crainy said:

My guess is on flashbacks or something along those lines. Perhaps video footage. I dont think its James Camerons style to reuse villains in such a manner.

No no, he's back for all 4 films and is the main villain.

Lang said Jim told him how Quaritch will come back to life in 2009.

11 minutes ago, Crainy said:

I´ll believe it when I see it lol.

Steven was so memorable in the first film, we’re privileged to have him back. I’m not going to say exactly HOW we’re bringing him back, but it’s a science fiction story, after all. His character will evolve into really unexpected places across the arc of our new three-film saga. I really look forward to working with such a gifted actor, who’s also become a good friend.  -Cameron