Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, langer said:

As of today,  I still don't believe this will come out in 2020...or even before 2025.  Waiting on a trailer...Is Sam Wortington even acting anymore?  ( has he ever acted?) 

Motion capture for Avatar 2/3 is approaching the end if they aren't done already (Zoe Saldana has already finished her parts). Come back in January 2020, they should have a snippet of something out there by then. I'm predicting a long teaser trailer to debut on Super Bowl Sunday 2020.

• Like 2

I always find it amusing when people say that Avatar isn't relevant, the story is playing itself out every single day here on Earth.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/amazon-uncontacted-tribe-drone-1.4795940

brazil-amazon-tribe.jpg

Pereira told the Associated Press these communities are aware of the cities and farms in their surroundings, but they often choose to isolate themselves due to traumatic experiences with the outside world.

External contact can often be deadly, ending in massacres or epidemics wiping out tribes. Last year, a group of illegal gold miners allegedly killed 10 people in an isolated community.

"If they wanted contact with the outside world, they would seek out ways to communicate with us," Pereira said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Deuce66 said:

I always find it amusing when people say that Avatar isn't relevant, the story is playing itself out every single day here on Earth.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/amazon-uncontacted-tribe-drone-1.4795940

brazil-amazon-tribe.jpg

Pereira told the Associated Press these communities are aware of the cities and farms in their surroundings, but they often choose to isolate themselves due to traumatic experiences with the outside world.

External contact can often be deadly, ending in massacres or epidemics wiping out tribes. Last year, a group of illegal gold miners allegedly killed 10 people in an isolated community.

"If they wanted contact with the outside world, they would seek out ways to communicate with us," Pereira said.

Come on there was little to no Avatar memes on internet. That's what is the most important. :insane:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/08/time-magazine-recognizes-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-as-best-of-the-best/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0823180005A

People love the world of Pandora... doubters will start getting nervous in 2020

Times Magazine greatest places

From http://time.com/collection/worlds-greatest-places-2018/

Just as James Cameron’s sci-fi epic Avatar marked a new level of technological innovation for movies, so too is Pandora: The World of Avatar reinventing the modern theme park. Among its other­worldly attractions: an animatronic character that’s “as lifelike as possible” and a botanical garden that glows with neon after sunset. The park’s flagship is Flight of Passage, a ride that combines 3-D projections and virtual reality to create the illusion that guests are flying atop a living, breathing mountain banshee (a creature that figures prominently in Cameron’s mythical universe). The park says it’s the highest-rated attraction at Walt Disney World, per guest surveys. —Megan McCluskey

Is James "Jim" Cameron unstoppable?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 5

Gd evening Pandorians!!

Can Avatar 2 go even further beyond and break the domestic record. Will James Cameron pull a 3 peat world domination?

I cant wait for the first trailer rumoured to be this year.. Hang on your butts!!. 

I think Jc pulls it off.

Share your thoughts. 

Kal-ElofBom2006

....Godzilla 2 is coming!!👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 4

On 8/24/2018 at 6:10 AM, IronJimbo said:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/08/time-magazine-recognizes-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-as-best-of-the-best/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0823180005A

People love the world of Pandora... doubters will start getting nervous in 2020

Times Magazine greatest places

From http://time.com/collection/worlds-greatest-places-2018/

Just as James Cameron’s sci-fi epic Avatar marked a new level of technological innovation for movies, so too is Pandora: The World of Avatar reinventing the modern theme park. Among its other­worldly attractions: an animatronic character that’s “as lifelike as possible” and a botanical garden that glows with neon after sunset. The park’s flagship is Flight of Passage, a ride that combines 3-D projections and virtual reality to create the illusion that guests are flying atop a living, breathing mountain banshee (a creature that figures prominently in Cameron’s mythical universe). The park says it’s the highest-rated attraction at Walt Disney World, per guest surveys. —Megan McCluskey

Is James "Jim" Cameron unstoppable?

He y Jimbo!

Avatar 2 is about to shakeup the world!!.  Wow on how well the Avatar park was accepted.

--'Kal-ElofBom2006

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

He y Jimbo!

Avatar 2 is about to shakeup the world!!.  Wow on how well the Avatar park was accepted.

--'Kal-ElofBom2006

....G

odzilla 2 is coming!!👍

5 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Gd evening Pandorians!!

Can Avatar 2 go even further beyond and break the domestic record. Will James Cameron pull a 3 peat world domination?

I cant wait for the first trailer rumoured to be this year.. Hang on your butts!!. 

I think Jc pulls it off.

Share your thoughts. 

Kal-ElofBom2006

KAL! Great to see you back.

Avatar trailer rumoured to be this year?!?!??!?  Perhaps a teaser to put on the end of Alita? Jim will pull a 6 peat domination, Avatar 2 is going to shake the world. I'm currently predicting $3.5b worldwide but it could go higher.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

KAL! Great to see you back.

Avatar trailer rumoured to be this year?!?!??!?  Perhaps a teaser to put on the end of Alita? Jim will pull a 6 peat domination, Avatar 2 is going to shake the world. I'm currently predicting $3.5b worldwide but it could go higher.

Very exciting times for movie fans and fans of JC and his avatar franchise. We could truly see what a true mega sequel is capable of.  3.5bww is what im hoping will be the least good buddy. But if Jc pulls a t2 level increase overseas and over a billion usd domestic run, we may see something otherworldly at the box office with Avatar2( juggernaut 2020)

And its very good to be back Jimbo. Had to really look for an old computer and get my login info. Whew

I think a teaser will come by 2018. And i really hope he does an Avatar 2 day. It certainly helped the original with that breakthrough 16-24 min jawdropping experience in top imax digital theaters worldwide.

It begins now and we still have 3 more avatars left after all this😎😎

Kal-ElofBom2006

....Still think Juggernaut Dec 2020 wont  crown JC as king of everything box office for the thirdtime in a row? 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2018 at 11:07 AM, Deuce66 said:

Motion capture for Avatar 2/3 is approaching the end if they aren't done already (Zoe Saldana has already finished her parts). Come back in January 2020, they should have a snippet of something out there by then. I'm predicting a long teaser trailer to debut on Super Bowl Sunday 2020.

Wow didnt know zoe wrapped up her scenes already. I hope shes in avatar4 through 6.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wow didnt know zoe wrapped up her scenes already. I hope shes in avatar4 through 6.

Yeah 2020 is happening no more delays. Can the mods help you get your main account back?

Are you not hyped for Alita Kal?

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah 2020 is happening no more delays. Can the mods help you get your main account back?

Are you not hyped for Alita Kal?

This is my main account my friend. Lol ...you forgot me . Just had to find my ole login info.

And. Yes , Yeah I'm kind of excited for Lita but it was weird that James Cameron isn't directing it. This is still going to be one of the movies I definitely wanted to checkout in 4dx theaters though.  JC is definitely going to help Rodriguez bring this big daddy of animes home and hopefully in a bigway. Jimbo you have to see movies in 4dx!! Its amazing!.  Im about to take my family to one of these new movies in that format. Crazy expensive in Nyc at 27 for kids and 30 for adults. Hoping you have better pricing in your town Jimbo.

( now we can smell the movie and get real enviorment aeffects and get incredible kinds of hydraulic chair movments while watching digital 3d). 

https://youtu.be/x5YbZUIXVQ

https://youtu.be/QltnH6r17IQ

Kal-ElofBom2006

....Still think Juggernaut Dec 2020 wont  crown JC as king of everything box office for the thirdtime in a row? 😀

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

This is my main account my friend. Lol ...you forgot me . Just had to find my ole login info.

And. Yes , Yeah I'm kind of excited for Lita but it was weird that James Cameron isn't directing it. This is still going to be one of the movies I definitely wanted to checkout in 4dx theaters though.  JC is definitely going to help Rodriguez bring this big daddy of animes home and hopefully in a bigway. Jimbo you have to see movies in 4dx!! Its amazing!.  Im about to take my family to one of these new movies in that format. Crazy expensive in Nyc at 27 for kids and 30 for adults. Hoping you have better pricing in your town Jimbo.

( now we can smell the movie and get real enviorment aeffects and get incredible kinds of hydraulic chair movments while watching digital 3d). 

https://youtu.be/x5YbZUIXVQ

https://youtu.be/QltnH6r17IQ

Kal-ElofBom2006

smellavision? Lol sounds bonkers I'll have a look around, London will have one.

57 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

smellavision? Lol sounds bonkers I'll have a look around, London will have one.

Don’t believe the hype, 4DX is a gimmick of the worst kind. It’s cinema for people with no attention span.

I’ve seen a fair few films in 4DX when I used to work in a cinema that had one and we had to test the 4DX motion files, and while it’s fun for half an hour or so (the rides at Universal and Disney are perfect for it), it quickly becomes tiresome. Jurassic World was headache inducing when I saw it in the format. The smells are also very limited, so don’t be expecting to smell Pandora when Avatar 2 comes out, unless the whole place smells of burning rubber/sea breeze/roses. Getting sprayed in the face with water also quickly loses its charm. In case you can’t tell, I’m really not a fan!

IMAX is infinitely more immersive.

• Like 2