Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

19 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Yes, indeed! :)

I seeeee youuuuuuu

🎉🎉🎉All us Pandorians celebrating as Avatar 2 blows away all the box office and minds of moviegoers and I mean could it actually do a titanic and double the Endgames ww gross. Really something to ponder😨😨😨

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I seeeee youuuuuuu

🎉🎉🎉All us Pandorians celebrating as Avatar 2 blows away all the box office and minds of moviegoers and I mean could it actually do a titanic and double the Endgames ww gross. Really something to ponder😨😨😨

OMG, Kal, I admire your optimism!

However, you're wishing upon a Titanic level over-performance for A2, as much of a fan as I am of Avatar and Jim, I'm not sure if that's in the cards! But someday, it will happen ( I hope it's not another MCU film :ph34r:).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

However, you're wishing upon a Titanic level over-performance for A2, as much of a fan as I am of Avatar and Jim, I'm not sure if that's in the cards! But someday, it will happen ( I hope it's not another MCU film :ph34r:).

NCsoft...

This is Jim's mahatten project

his life and soul into these movies

He's GIVING EVERYTHING

most design of any jim film

most time Jim spent writing script

he's planning is batman tier here, just watch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, JimiQ said:

You guys know that Jim delivers the best when he is underestimated, right? Why are you ruining this for him?

Yes we know that.

The vast majority are clueless and are undestimating him per usual, this doubt fuels him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

No rem nc my predict is 3.7bww

. I'm hoping the others mega optism comes true. You just never know. If he creates something that everyone needs to keep going back to, all might be possible. I just want us to beat the pretenders by 1bil to 1.5 bil or more😉😂

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

NCsoft...

This is Jim's mahatten project

Yes, Jimbo, I know :lol:

I'm just going to have a optimistic prediction of around 3.7B for now;), and if Jim managed to surprise me at even my wildest prediction? I'd be overjoyed! As a bonus, maybe we'll get Alita 2 announcement as well.

• Like 1

You got to remember when predicting Avatar 2 we have certain truths

1) Sequel to the highest grossing film of all time, which make $2.78b 10 (TEN) years ago

2) It will have the best VFX ever seen

3) It will have the best underwater VFX (BY FAR)

4) It will have the best 3D ever seen

5) It will have incredible action sequences

6) The story is richer than Jim anticapted

7) Avatar on steriods

8 ) Masterful 3rd Act

9) Big emotions and big heart, with romance and a family theme, a real universal story

10) James Cameron sequel Directed by James Cameron

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

No rem nc my predict is 3.7bww

. I'm hoping the others mega optism comes true. You just never know. If he creates something that everyone needs to keep going back to, all might be possible. I just want us to beat the pretenders by 1bil to 1.5 bil or more😉😂

I think that's definitely fair, that is what we think a hit similar to Avatar would be able to get, so based on the assumption that Avatar 2 is about as big of a hit as Avatar!

Another goal to potentially reach would be, setting the WW record by the same percentage increase.

So Avatar basically increased Titanic's record by 50%, if we want A2 to also set the world record by 50%, it would be like this.

Let's assume 2.85B is the new world record:

2.85 + (0.5 * 2.85) = 4.275B ---> So maybe we've got a new optimistic target to strive for!  ;)

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I think that's definitely fair, that is what we think a hit similar to Avatar would be able to get, so based on the assumption that Avatar 2 is about as big of a hit as Avatar!

Another goal to potentially reach would be, setting the WW record by the same percentage increase.

So Avatar basically increased Titanic's record by 50%, if we want A2 to also set the world record by 50%, it would be like this.

Let's assume 2.85B is the new world record:

2.85 + (0.5 * 2.85) = 4.275B ---> So maybe we've got a new optimistic target to strive for!  ;)

Indeed very possible Nc😎😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr

46 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Yes, Jimbo, I know :lol:

I'm just going to have a optimistic prediction of around 3.7B for now;), and if Jim managed to surprise me at even my wildest prediction? I'd be overjoyed! As a bonus, maybe we'll get Alita 2 announcement as well.

I am the Kal and I wholeheartedly approve this message. Good predict NCSoft😉👍

• Thanks 1

Without trying to make a box office prediction, I literally cant imagine a single person that qualifies as a movie goer of any kind that would say "You know what movie Im going to skip? Avatar 2."

Like I literally cant see that happening. I think everyone will see this movie, no matter if they liked the original or not. There is also a subgroup of people who regretted that they didnt see the first Avatar in the cinema, which probably is a very large casual audience, that will also definitely go to see this one.

• Like 4

Nobody circle jerks like Cameron fanboys. Like, wow....

Every IP has its fanboys but nobody else, at least on this forum, does this. Oh well, it IS the Avatar 2 thread so go nuts guys.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Nobody circle jerks like Cameron fanboys. Like, wow....

Every IP has its fanboys but nobody else, at least on this forum, does this. Oh well, it IS the Avatar 2 thread so go nuts guys.

In time, you will know what it's like to lose.

Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same.

41 minutes ago, Crainy said:

Without trying to make a box office prediction, I literally cant imagine a single person that qualifies as a movie goer of any kind that would say "You know what movie Im going to skip? Avatar 2."

Like I literally cant see that happening. I think everyone will see this movie, no matter if they liked the original or not. There is also a subgroup of people who regretted that they didnt see the first Avatar in the cinema, which probably is a very large casual audience, that will also definitely go to see this one.

So, the other day, I went to letterboxd and search for Avatar 5: The Quest for Eywa (don't ask why I did that:ph34r:)

and I have found that interestingly, every single list that has the film in it is either: Films no one in their right mind is excited for, Films I will skip, Films I'm not anticipating, Films I definitely won't watch, and funnily enough, it is being placed in the same list with "the Emoji movie, The Room and Fifty shades of grey"

So there are a lot of people "definitely skipping" it, considering it's letterboxd though, that's probably a good sign for Avatar 2's box office.:lol:

Check this out: https://letterboxd.com/film/avatar-the-quest-for-eywa/

Edited by NCsoft

Endgame outgrossing Avatar WW could work in A2's favor

Since Avatar is no longer at the top, the online hate bandwagon around it will finally calm down and mellow out a bit (just like what happened to Titanic) and people will be more open to seeing A2 if they hear good WOM from the GA (real life people who liked Avatar 10 years ago and never really hated on it online)

Disney can still market it as a mega event cause I mean, it's still #2 and it's not like it didn't hold the record for 9 years

Spoiler

I might be on the bargaining stage at this point, it would still be surreal to see Endgame at the top spot

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Royce said:

Endgame outgrossing Avatar WW could work in A2's favor

Since Avatar is no longer at the top, the online hate bandwagon around it will finally calm down and mellow out a bit (just like what happened to Titanic) and people will be more open to seeing A2 if they hear good WOM from the GA (real life people who liked Avatar 10 years ago and never really hated on it online)

Disney can still market it as a mega event cause I mean, it's still #2 and it's not like it didn't hold the record for 9 years

Hide contents

I might be on the bargaining stage at this point, it would still be surreal to see Endgame at the top spot

Well its dropping off so Avatar may still hold the throne😎😉