Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Royce said:

Endgame outgrossing Avatar WW could work in A2's favor

Since Avatar is no longer at the top, the online hate bandwagon around it will finally calm down and mellow out a bit (just like what happened to Titanic) and people will be more open to seeing A2 if they hear good WOM from the GA (real life people who liked Avatar 10 years ago and never really hated on it online)

Disney can still market it as a mega event cause I mean, it's still #2 and it's not like it didn't hold the record for 9 years

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, this is the one thing I kind of hold a grudge for, Avatar 2 can't use : "the sequel to the highest grossing film in history" line anymore.

We'll just have to settle for this:

From the director of -- Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar! Comes an epic 11 years in the making...

Edited by NCsoft

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Nobody circle jerks like Cameron fanboys. Like, wow....

Every IP has its fanboys but nobody else, at least on this forum, does this. Oh well, it IS the Avatar 2 thread so go nuts guys.

You just upset because Cameron franchises always expose your pretenders😉..Now you will see what a juggernaut that your sws or comic movies are no match for does with the same playing field. We will possibly exceed the domestic crown by 150-200 mil and earn 2.8 to 3.2 b or more in the os markets on top of the domestic crown.

All time Domestic

1. Avatar2

2. TFA

3.Endgame

4.Avatar

All time ww

1. Avatar2

2 Avatar 1

3. Endgame

4 Titanic

It was destiny thanks to James Cameron and company. By Avatar 3 , all the top 5 box office charts will feature a film by JC. And whats funny there will still be 2 more left. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Yeah, this is the one thing I kind of hold a grudge for, Avatar 2 can't use : "the sequel to the highest grossing film in history" line anymore.

We'll just have to settle for this:

From the director of -- Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar! Comes an epic 11 years in the making...

Rem its not a lock to beat Avatar 2 ww. So we havent adjourned yet Ncsoft 👍

10 hours ago, hw64 said:

Avatar's ticket price average in the UK was ~£5.69.

The Force Awakens' was £7.23.

The Last Jedi's was £7.52.

Infinity War's was £7.70.

The GBP/USD exchange rate for Avatar was around $1.60 per £. £1 is currently worth around $1.30.

With Infinity War's ticket price average and today's exchange rates, Avatar's UK gross would increase by about 10% in dollars.

Now imagine what the ticket price averages are going to look like for Avatar 2, which will have 2 and a half years of ticket price inflation over Infinity War (which already had a ticket price average 35% greater than Avatar's).

I guess you are taking the yearly ATP as ATP as Avatar ATP or whatever source you look upto is doing that but that's not how things are.

e.g. using the same approach in USA gives around 100mn admits for Avatar when in reality it had 70mn Approx admits.

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

NCsoft...

This is Jim's mahatten project

his life and soul into these movies

He's GIVING EVERYTHING

most design of any jim film

most time Jim spent writing script

he's planning is batman tier here, just watch

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

In time, you will know what it's like to lose.

Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same.

Oh hes lost badly when he was battling me Jimbo and others on Cameron. We will give the naysayers more of the same Avatree. 😎 Some cant give a true innovator and bo legend his due, when their franchise records fall to the wayside. 

We say in one voice. They just keeping no spots warm for Avatar sequels to fill in. I wonder what james does next after AVATAR?

😨😨

--Jc's consistent box office might cant be reasoned with  or bargained with. 

It what he does. Its all he does!

And he absolutely wont stop until pretenders to the throne are Terminated!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

We say in one voice. They just keeping no spots warm for Avatar sequels to fill in. I wonder what james does next after AVATAR?

😨😨

It's hard to think that James has role models that he needs to follow in the industry, Kal.

But James seriously needs to look up to Ridley Scott, Clint Eastwood, Martin Scorsese and George Miller, this ensures at least another 10 years of work after Avatar 5 in 2025:lol::lol:

As much as I love Avatar, I want at least 2 more Cameron non-Avatar films before everything is said and done.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I guess you are taking the yearly ATP as ATP as Avatar ATP or whatever source you look upto is doing that but that's not how things are.

e.g. using the same approach in USA gives around 100mn admits for Avatar when in reality it had 70mn Approx admits.

Charlie all these films cant beat avatar despite the markets expanding 200-800% or more and seems Tfa and Eg dwarfed the domestic screens of Avatar but barely stay ahead. Avatar 2 will beat everything at this rate. Just a matter if on the domestic side if A2 wins by a 100-200+m and then goes on to beat Avatar's Os gross by 900 m  to 1.8b or more. Lots of people are predicting 2.5-3.5 b from just the OS tally for a reason😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr

5 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

It's hard to think that James has role models that he needs to follow in the industry, Kal.

But James seriously needs to look up to Ridley Scott, Clint Eastwood, Martin Scorsese and George Miller, this ensures at least another 10 years of work after Avatar 5 in 2025:lol::lol:

He's a fan of ridley and Clint Nc. Whats funny he made the best alien movie and it was Ridley Scotts awesome creation. Shoot one has to wonder how does the best sike himself up to outdo himself after a Titan and a Avatar Franchise..???

• Like 1

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

He's a fan of ridley and Clint Nc. Whats funny he made the best alien movie and it was Ridley Scotts awesome creation. Shoot one has to wonder how does the best sike himself up to outdo himself after a Titan and a Avatar Franchise..???

Maybe he could do that atmoic bomb film.

• Like 1

Amazing times. We have films opening to 350m. Comic films are hitting the 1bil to 2.1b ww range and we are now in the wake of a film coming that could make more than all these films from just its OS support. Then go ontop of this to make an extra 1B plus domestically.

Wonder how crazy one would look saying one day films will make 350 mil openings and 4 billion ww to bo trackers from 1990s-2000

As long as buzz and word of mouth regarding Avatar 2 isn't negative, I can see it taking the torch back from Endgame with how huge it will be overseas. The big question is will we ever see an original film ever become the highest grossing film of all time again? 

31 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

As much as I love Avatar, I want at least 2 more Cameron non-Avatar films before everything is said and done.

Definitely. Tho I find myself watching less and less of unfortunately satanic laced hwood. I always look fwd to JC event film. Wish we went back to more simpler classics without all the hidden agendaa and symbolism thats so dominate today. Even the Avengers symbol has hidden meanings. Crazy once you look at the dark history of it all. 

Another postive film that reminded me of the good ole days that I recently watched was the Green Mile..

Titanic was also great as all the stuff that makes the magic of filmmaking was there and Titanic was a story of horror that had positivity come out from it. Any movies seen from.jc or anyone that took you back to more positive but grand film making Nc?

9 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

As long as buzz and word of mouth regarding Avatar 2 isn't negative, I can see it taking the torch back from Endgame with how huge it will be overseas. The big question is will we ever see an original film ever become the highest grossing film of all time again

Doubtful if that'll ever happen again, if that's the case, Avatar being surpassed is in more ways than one the "end of an era", I think celebrate the fall of Avatar as if it's some sort of "evil" is quite sad.

6 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Definitely. Tho I find myself watching less and less of unfortunately satanic laced hwood. I always look fwd to JC event film. Wish we went back to more simpler classics without all the hidden agendaa and symbolism thats so dominate today. Even the Avengers symbol has hidden meanings. Crazy once you look at the dark history of it all. 

Another postive film that reminded me of the good ole days that I recently watched was the Green Mile..

Titanic was also great as all the stuff that makes the magic of filmmaking was there and Titanic was a story of horror that had positivity come out from it. Any movies seen from.jc or anyone that took you back to more positive but grand film making Nc?

I have never watched The Green Mile, and I will make a point watching it sometime.

I don't revisit old films very often, but I do re-watch Jurassic Park from time to time, and each time I do, I can definitely see how it was the highest grosser before Titanic came, I connected with the awe inspiring moments, which is what those all time grosser all have in common that I don't really find that much in today's blockbusters. I also revisited How to Train you dragon 1 and 2 recently, they actually bring me "Avatar nostalgia", due to how similar some of the imagery of dragon riding were to Avatar.

26 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I have never watched The Green Mile, and I will make a point watching it sometime.

I don't revisit old films very often, but I do re-watch Jurassic Park from time to time, and each time I do, I can definitely see how it was the highest grosser before Titanic came, I connected with the awe inspiring moments, which is what those all time grosser all have in common that I don't really find that much in today's blockbusters. I also revisited How to Train you dragon 1 and 2 recently, they actually bring me "Avatar nostalgia", due to how similar some of the imagery of dragon riding were to Avatar.

Ahh.. I loved that dragon saga Nc. Favorites were prt1 and 2. 

Favorite all time animated film is the Lion King.  And yes speilberg definitely achieved a masterpiece with wonder , and drew us all together. No doubt Jp was one of the true.juggernauts that was more than popcorn fluff. And a wonderfully positive film to boot. I think Jurassic World 1 achieved some of the magic that was.lost since jp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JB33 said:

Nobody circle jerks like Cameron fanboys. Like, wow....

Every IP has its fanboys but nobody else, at least on this forum, does this. Oh well, it IS the Avatar 2 thread so go nuts guys.

You forget the whole Nolanite religeon that used to infest this forum and Mojo?, nothing comes close to that, excpet maybe you Marvel fanboys.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

You forget the whole Nolanite religeon that used to infest this forum and Mojo?, nothing comes close to that, excpet maybe you Marvel fanboys.

I wouldn't consider myself a Marvel fanboy because I don't have the attitude of "It's all Marvel or BUST!". I love Marvel because I grew up reading some of the comics and watching the cartoons. I love these characters! However, I won't keep going back to the Endgame thread all year and jerking myself off to the Russos. I'll move on and look forward to the other great films this year has to offer!

Meanwhile, Avatar 2 won't be here for another year and a half, while Alita came and went, yet both threads are routinely on the first page because the same posters keep circle jerking in them. I mean, it's fine, you're not breaking any rules. It's just funny and sad at the same time.

Edited by JB33

20 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

and imdb especially, that's really like a cult.

Marvel boys on twitter is also celebrating the fall of Titanic, as if it's the fall of some evil dictator, and not a brilliant piece of original film perfectly realized by an ambitious genius filmmaker, yet it's the Cameron fans that are circle-jerking...

• Like 4