Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, RealLyre said:

that has the Nov 2019 slot I think

Yeah, Eternals does having just checked it. Cruella is their big 2020 December vehicle. 

Calling it now: Twoicide Squad opens Christmas. Or Dune gets delayed a month?

• Astonished 1

Just now, TMP said:

Yeah, Eternals does having just checked it. Cruella is their big 2020 December vehicle. 

Calling it now: Twoicide Squad opens Christmas. Or Dune gets delayed a month?

Twocide squad doesn’t fell Christmas-y, Duke moving back makes sense. I doubt Cruella will do more than MPR Numbers tbh.

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Twocide squad doesn’t fell Christmas-y, Duke moving back makes sense. I doubt Cruella will do more than MPR Numbers tbh.

WB's big summer 2020 monster is Wondy 2, don't see why they'd delay it; especially since Jenkins specifically asked producers for the June 2020 date. Squad 2 is gonna be in the can by summer 2020, why not just release it in that same year?

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

For real though, the release date change is probably Disney's doing more than anything. Pretty easy to sell Cameron on more production time for the sequels and alternating with SW every Christmas (I don't think SW was gonna be ready for 2021).

Cameron had already delayed it 5 years. Definitely on him.

• Like 1

Another year, really Disney, another year!!!!!!:whosad::winomg::apocalypse:

I've waiting patiently for 10 years now, and it didn't matter too much because any placeholder release date always seemed.... placeholder. I put my faith into that Dec 18,2020 date because it really seemed concrete and everything was building up for it! The Dec arrangement mirror TFA's arrangement in 2015, the fact that 2020 is a really weak year in general building up to the climax in Dec 2020. 

Well, just have to digest this news and get used to it. And wait patiently for 2.5 years, I have faith in Jim. On the positive side, that's another year of inflation and global market expansion.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, TMP said:

WB's big summer 2020 monster is Wondy 2, don't see why they'd delay it; especially since Jenkins specifically asked producers for the June 2020 date. Squad 2 is gonna be in the can by summer 2020, why not just release it in that same year?

They still have Nolan’s film and Scoob for the summer, not as big as WW1984 but still big but they also have to do again a pretty yuge push for SS2 and they may really want to nail it considering the negative reception of the former.

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

Another year, really Disney, another year!!!!!!:whosad::winomg::apocalypse:

I've waiting patiently for 10 years now, and it didn't matter too much because any placeholder release date always seemed.... placeholder. I put my faith into that Dec 18,2020 date because it really seemed concrete and everything was building up for it! The Dec arrangement mirror TFA's arrangement in 2015, the fact that 2020 is a really weak year in general building up to the climax in 2020. 

Well, just have to digest this news and get used to it. And wait patiently for 2.5 years, I have faith in Jim. On the positive side, that's another year of inflation and global market expansion.

It's all on Cameron. He had delayed it 5 years already.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It's all on Cameron. He had delayed it 5 years already.

Yes, I know, this probably has more to do with Jim than Disney, 2020 was a great release date. Nothing was in its way.

Edited by NCsoft

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

They still have Nolan’s film and Scoob for the summer, not as big as WW1984 but still big but they also have to do again a pretty yuge push for SS2 and they may really want to nail it considering the negative reception of the former.

i don't know, I just feel like if Jenkins herself wanted the june date that WB wouldn't delay it for no reason, especially in a month it might perform worse in.