Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

38 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

@DeeCee @baumer how is JimiQ's patent trolling allowed to pass when anything from the Jim Gang in any other thread would be met with a warning at the least. 

I just report and move on to keep the thread on track. We Jim Gang tend to be a lot more tolerant of bad faith posts or arguments and not report outright trolling. Mods will sometimes remove trolling posts after a report. Other times trolling (like in the Alita thread recently) is subject to a double standard (IIRC you can’t post “SJW” articles in the CM thread, but I’m not gonna try).

• Like 1

Oddly Far From Home got me very excited for this movie. Some Mysterio scenes at full IMAX aspect ratio were visually stunning and made me think about Avatar 2. I really hope Cameron can deliver an entire movie that is visually breathtaking and mind blowing like that.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Oddly Far From Home got me very excited for this movie. Some Mysterio scenes at full IMAX aspect ratio were visually stunning and made me think about Avatar 2. I really hope Cameron can deliver an entire movie that is visually breathtaking and mind blowing like that.

there is no hope in this thread

it's a science based fact that Avatar 2 will be visually stunning and push the boundries

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Let's have a quick look at Jim's filmography and the VFX oscar.

The Termiantor - No Nomination, was his first film with an tiny non-blockbuster budget

Aliens - Winner

The Abyss - Winner

Terminator 2 - Winner

True Lies - Nominated

Titanic - Winner

This one man is basically Hollywood's R&D team

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just saw the complete breakdown of Endgame country wise. 

I am 100% confident this is going over 4b+. 

Avatar 2 is going to blow people mind like it's no movie ever. This movie is going to change cinema forever. 

I am watching this movie atleast 4 times in different formats to take everything I can from this marvelous movie. 

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

@DeeCee @baumer how is JimiQ's patent trolling allowed to pass when anything from the Jim Gang in any other thread would be met with a warning at the least. 

Can you report the posts in question?  That would help us out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

From the guy who should have been banned from what 30 threads? "Playful banter" right?

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

there is no hope in this thread

it's a science based fact that Avatar 2 will be visually stunning and push the boundries

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Let's have a quick look at Jim's filmography and the VFX oscar.

The Termiantor - No Nomination, was his first film with an tiny non-blockbuster budget

Aliens - Winner

The Abyss - Winner

Terminator 2 - Winner

True Lies - Nominated

Titanic - Winner

This one man is basically Hollywood's R&D team

Okay, yes nobody doubts his ability to make something look good.  But that's all anyone talks about, even his biggest, loudest supporters(I'm talking about Jim Gang).  How many oscars does he have for screenwriting?

40 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Okay, yes nobody doubts his ability to make something look good.  But that's all anyone talks about, even his biggest, loudest supporters(I'm talking about Jim Gang).  How many oscars does he have for screenwriting?

no smokes and mirrors here Wang

How would you rate the writing across his 7 films?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrandierHorror said:

Oscar completely lost its value to me when Green Book and BR won. 

Really? You think Green book didn't deserve it? Bohemian Rhapsody was incredible.

Edited by cdsacken
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1