Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Bring her back, bring her back, bring her back. 

Was that SecOps pilot Trudy Chacon spotted flying into Wellington, NZ? No, it was just our friend Michelle Rodriguez coming to visit us on the set. Felt like old times seeing her hang with James Cameron, Garrett Warren and others.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Titan Man said:

There's only so many dead characters you can bring back...

1 - 2 - 5 - 10 is the actual allowed number in the movie making handbook 😄

In this case maybe Trudy ejected before being blown to bits? 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

1 - 2 - 5 - 10 is the actual allowed number in the movie making handbook 😄

In this case maybe Trudy ejected before being blown to bits? 

I actually wouldn't mind if they go that route, I always feel sorry for underused characters that get killed off for other character's goals... 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, Alexdube said:

I'm fairly certain it won't be delayed again. There has only been one delay since production has started, the other delays were just Cameron doing other stuff and figuring out how many sequels he wanted to make and writing the scripts. Also this is not a 3 months delay or 6 months delay, it's a 1 year delay. That will give them plenty of time to catch up on whatever they need to, but as far as we know the delay might just be caused by Disney's scheduling plans.

Not to mention n that Disney wants to see some return on the huge investment they have in this film.

• Like 1

Behind the scenes in New Zealand, FB post from Jon L. 

I remember when the only equipment behind the camera was a few lights and grip-stands. Quite a difference from what we are doing now in New Zealand. The fact is, these are the people who make all the technology work to do the things we are doing.

69357875_807802396370412_198312701779247

69399213_807802423037076_161198969822013

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, Deuce66 said:

If he can't get this wrapped up in 28 months....do like all other filmmakers and pump em out factory style, let someone else break the tech barriers. 

On 8/21/2019 at 4:49 PM, Titan Man said:

I actually wouldn't mind if they go that route, I always feel sorry for underused characters that get killed off for other character's goals... 😂

Lol . well I hope Trudy survives. Hello all my Pandora family.. Any news on how Colonial Quadriz comes back?

On 8/21/2019 at 2:43 PM, Deuce66 said:

Bring her back, bring her back, bring her back. 

Was that SecOps pilot Trudy Chacon spotted flying into Wellington, NZ? No, it was just our friend Michelle Rodriguez coming to visit us on the set. Felt like old times seeing her hang with James Cameron, Garrett Warren and others.

Col. Q and Trudys back..Looks like Avatar 2 will be taking first place and the re-released avatar 1 will likely take back the 2nd spot. Though really Avatar 1 yielded no box spots. Domestically and os Avatar1 adjusts to 4 bil and change

Going to be interesting if Avatar2 surpasses those 3.6-4.5 billion ww predicts my friends and yields a truly glorious number that blows even the biggest predict so far away all

On 7/31/2019 at 11:38 AM, Deuce66 said:

The movie was so good that the 2-D Blu Ray set a worldwide sales record....enough with the 3D is the only reason it was big nonsense, people went to see it multiple times, it helped to engage millions in conservation, it opened the eyes of some people, detractors of the movies politics are the ones that deserve the venom. 

Avatar is still the most emmersive , film in history. And imagine Avatar 2-5 taking advantage of top notch story telling, Cameron's breakthrough in visuals and tech, but now 4dx has become an additional game changer and man oh man will people be swarming these theaters to see Avatars long awaited debut.

4dx offers breakthrough hydraulic seat movement, artic freeze, realistic lightning effects, wind, rain effects( yep it rains or water splashes in scenes audience gets wet without being soaked-- incredible!). Theres also cloud, fog effects, breath.on your neck, bubbles, a timed lumbar to the back to had impact.of punches or crashes or tossed about and so much more.

Those thinking Jc wont 3 peat the all time domestic and os records maybe sadly mistaken.

I'm also curious can Avatar 2 pull a 200-250 mil 3day ow so deep in December??😎👍👍

Here are some of the early predicts so far. Everyone please help me update👍

Kal...1.12b dom, 3.4b OS( Really would love Avatar2 to hit 1bil to 1.2 bil or

Better from China alone)

4.5b WW

Ncsoft... 3.7Bww

Jimbo...1.1B dom , 

3.5b OS, 4.6B WW

Keysersoze123

600 Domestic /1.2B OS -C / 700M C - 2.5B WW

Pure spirit

low-end:

550M DOM

$2B OS - China

$600M China

$3.15B total, assuming significant drop off from the first after accounting for inflation plus foreign market growth

(Nice one Pure Spirit I hope

we reach your highend predict or far more fellow Pandorian)

Pure Spirits High-end :

$1B DOM

$3B OS - China

$1.1B China

$5.1B total

Charlie Jatender

Dom: 475+ (45mn admits against 75mn of Avatar 1 but due to lower 3D contribution ATP just 10% higher than normal as compared to 33% in 2009)

Overseas: 1200 (same reason in Europe as in Dom but Asia will rise)

China: 700 

WW: 2375

Headshot-- 1.3 billion max. It's actually going to do even less than that.

500 OS

250 DOM

400 China 

/\ Bold on this predict😱😂

Raul:

$550M China

$900M OS - CHN

$2B worldwide

Updated: 09/05/2019

11:47pm 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2019 at 4:43 AM, Sheldon Cr said:

Will add your predict. Why so low on domestic and china totals out of curiousity?

Everyone should bear in mind that EG made Avatar money thanks to 10 years of explosive market growth.

Avatar 2 will show what an Jim Cam movie can do with 12 years of market growth

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Everyone should bear in mind that EG made Avatar money thanks to 10 years of explosive market growth.

Avatar 2 will show what an Jim Cam movie can do with 12 years of market growth

people already forgot who Jim is in those 12 years of him doing nothing. the market growth is against him. 

• Astonished 1

8 hours ago, RealLyre said:

people already forgot who Jim is in those 12 years of him doing nothing. the market growth is against him. 

Eh, his name doesn't bring people to the cinema unlike Marvel. He makes good movies people want to see.