Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 hours ago, langer said:

I don't know what you think a franchise is but Avatar has a game, a comic book series, a film, a theme park, and a circ de solwhatever show. 4 films on the pipeline with 2 in production, a mobile game and a console/pc game by a major studio.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2019 at 2:15 PM, Deuce66 said:

Avatar: Pandora Rising (The Official Mobile Game)

I don't play video games but for the sake of word of mouth around the upcoming movies I hope this is top notch. 

https://www.pandorarising.com

gallery-04.jpg

Almost certainly not, mobile games are simply for extracting as many $1 transactions out of children as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2019 at 5:07 AM, The Futurist said:

Can't help but think the " shot in water tanks" thing will end up as glorious at the I-Phone 11 design.

You know the idea of the water tanks is that you don't see them when you're watching the movie... kind of  a terrible analogy comparing this to cellphone design

That aside, if there's 2 things that would come on top of a list to define James Cameron's career, it would special effects and water. You can put a solid bet Avatar 2 will make Aquaman look like a Saturday morning cartoon. 

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Deuce66 said:

While we wait for any kind of official footage from the sequels (yeah I know I'm way too early), here's a recent video posted by an evolutionary biologist about Pandora and the creatures that live there. 

https://youtu.be/Hm1JFLpkofs

that was a good watch

14 hours ago, Kthuxi said:

Saw this place after it got linked on the Avatar 2 discord server. Really excited to see what Cameron brings to the table in the future and nice to see there is somewhere other than 4chan that people like Avatar!

Welcome.

The Avatar fans have caused quite a lot of drama here... join the club :) 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:45 PM, Kthuxi said:

Not a big fan of drama but did love Avatar. I just want it to come out. What was the drama.

Lots of folks hating on the brilliance of Avatar and it just by far being the biggest success story since james camerons own Titanic. Took 10 yrs of inflation and re-release to beat the film and over 300 % more screens OS and certainly more screens domestically. Adjusted Avatar is easily still the king of the era after titanic for incredible one run movies. Endgame and Force awakens achieved some.legendary stats regardless. Still there's only one Avatar and now we get ready.to see what an Avatar 2 today will do in the same level.of theatsrs as force awakens and endgame will end up with in one run. Can james cameron.pull a 3 peat world box office breaker. Some say 3.5, some say 4b plus, some say 5bill ww is in the cards. But could it even surpass these numbers. Going to see if what kind of increase can happen if james wows the movie world on the level of his T2, Titanic and Avatar yet again.

T2 the biggest sequel increase of all time and Titanic the greatest bo run domestically and os of all time and over affect on the world by a film possiblyof all time.  This is the Cameron perfection epic  level movie making effect.

The alpha dog Titanic destroyed all new barriers of domestic and os box office( lol made nearly 2billion in 1997-1998😱😱, dominated the news, awards domestically and overseas bilboard, home video charts, internetvand merchandise during that 1997-2001 era. It made decapio the fast 20 mil for one pic star in history. 

Crazy times ahead and Jc is coming big-time with Juggernaut 2021(Avatar 2 may have.no limits!)

Kalofbom 2002

Edited by Sheldon Cr

On 9/14/2019 at 1:54 AM, IronJimbo said:

I don't know what you think a franchise is but Avatar has a game, a comic book series, a film, a theme park, and a circ de solwhatever show. 4 films on the pipeline with 2 in production, a mobile game and a console/pc game by a major studio.

Jc and Disney maybe planning a Pandora themed stores as well..Avatar not a franchise shows the ludcrious nonsense of haters my friend. Lol.

And whats crazy Avatar is so large and didnt need 60-70 yr history of marvel or 90 yrs of dc or 40 yrs of Sws. Even Potter is what 20 years old and Avatar is arguably already the bigger franchise of the two pound for pound. Lets see what growth and possibilities emerge after Avatar 2 and 3.

• Like 1