Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

James Cameron at #57

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/thr-100-hollywood-reporters-powerful-people-entertainment-1246527

from the small interview:

BEST OR WORST THING ABOUT HOLLYWOOD’S MERGER MANIA 

"As long as people pay the bills and when I show up to work on a Monday morning, they haven't closed down my production, I could give a shit."

In case anyone thought the Disney acquisition would have any impact on the movies

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Alexdube said:

James Cameron at #57

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/thr-100-hollywood-reporters-powerful-people-entertainment-1246527

from the small interview:

In case anyone thought the Disney acquisition would have any impact on the movies

IF YOU COULD CONTROL ONE PIECE OF IP, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

"I generate my own stuff, so I'm not really interested in IP."

"As long as people pay the bills and when I show up to work on a Monday morning, they haven't closed down my production, I could give a shit."

LAST BIG SPLURGE

"Building a sub."

YOU FIND BOB IGER'S IPHONE. WHICH CONTACT DO YOU CALL?

"I can call anybody I want. I don't need Bob Iger's cell phone." <- This one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

James Cameron' screenplay, "The High Ground," was intended as the first sequel to the biggest blockbuster of all time, Avatar. Discarded in favour of other ideas, the original screenplay is being adapted into a three-part graphic novel series.

It has been almost a decade since the humans were forced to leave Pandora - but now they're returning - with an armada of heavily-armed starships! After years of peace, Jake Sully has settled down with Neytiri and raised a family, so for him, the stakes are even higher than when he first went to war against the corporate might of the RDA.

Hmm... this is what i imagined the sequels would be about. This tells me the human navi (military) conflict will probably play a more minor role in the films. Or i might be totally wrong...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 3

On 10/16/2019 at 4:48 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

Disover more of the Avatar saga in this direct prequel to the film Avatar 2!

James Cameron' screenplay, "The High Ground," was intended as the first sequel to the biggest blockbuster of all time, Avatar. Discarded in favour of other ideas, the original screenplay is being adapted into a three-part graphic novel series.

It has been almost a decade since the humans were forced to leave Pandora - but now they're returning - with an armada of heavily-armed starships! After years of peace, Jake Sully has settled down with Neytiri and raised a family, so for him, the stakes are even higher than when he first went to war against the corporate might of the RDA.

Adapted for comics by award-winning author Sherri L. Smith (The Toymaker's Apprentice, Orleans, and others), and illustrated by Brazilian artist Guilherme Balbi, Avatar: The High Ground, Volume 1 - Advent to War ventures into all-new territory in the Avatar saga, and is a direct prequel to next year's release of the film Avatar 2!

Wow very nice Jc Scholar buddy👊👊.  So jake will have family in Avatar 2 it looks like.👍

On 10/16/2019 at 3:43 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

IF YOU COULD CONTROL ONE PIECE OF IP, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

"I generate my own stuff, so I'm not really interested in IP."

LAST BIG SPLURGE

"Building a sub."

Cameron's the man😎

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

23 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wow very nice Jc Scholar buddy👊👊.  So jake will have family in Avatar 2 it looks like.👍

Cameron said himself the sequels are a "Godfather" like saga, old conflicts resurrected, betrayals from within, character arcs ebbing and flowing I'm expecting a lot of grey areas (morale conflicts) to pull us in various directions. The family thing was a given ever since they posted pictures of the new cast members. 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:58 PM, Elessar said:

Hmm... this is what i imagined the sequels would be about. This tells me the human navi (military) conflict will probably play a more minor role in the films. Or i might be totally wrong...

Based on some of the information released so far regarding the sequels, cast members, a RDA marine unit and the amount of tank work they appear to be doing in LA and New Zealand it looks like the humans are 100% back and fully entrenched on Pandora already. I think the graphic novels will fill in the blanks between the time they got booted, their return and the fight to re-establish their presence on Pandora. I wonder if they will reveal how Quaritch and the others cheated death, what role Sigourney plays and so on.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

THR asking Jim dumb questions

15 hours ago, Jamiem said:

Good to hear because the mass market reaction to HFR over an entire movie has been fairly negative, using it to solve specific problems related to high speed action shots I can understand. That being said I'm dying to see what these sequels are going to look like on the big screen. 

• Like 1

Long interview with Joe Letteri from WETA who confirms more advancements being made and implemented for the Avatar sequels. He also confirms what I suspected regarding Alita that it's on the shelf for now. 

https://nerdist.com/article/joe-letteri-avatar-alita-battle-angel-james-cameron-martin-scorsese/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1