Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 11/17/2019 at 1:53 AM, Jedi Jat said:

full support to Disney's Avatar 2 against Black Adam. :redcapes:

No doubt. Wow Kathleen kennedy ruins sws. I think they need to really reshoot the whole trilogy and treat it as elseworld story. One thing for sure they better leave marvel alone and Avatars as this agenda and politics put in franchises definitely doesnt work. And its James Camerons Avatar in association with Disney😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr

41 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Lots of behind the scenes footage of avatar has been posted, but hardly anyone talking or covering it. Shows how much people really care. If this was marvel, DC or star wars...everyone would be going gaga on behind the scenes footage 

Star Wars - 42 + years of history, books, movies, comics. merchandise etc....huge amounts of material

DC - 85 year history - huge archive of material, movies, books, comics, merchandise with a well established fanbase

Marvel - 80 year history same as above 

Avatar is basically 1 stand alone movie, since then they had the Cirque du Soleil show (Toruk) which did very well worldwide and Pandora - The World of Avatar over at Disney where the Flight of Passage ride still has ridiculously long lines (2-4 hours). Now if Disney closed this down due to low attendance I would be concerned but that's not the case. 

Before you stick a fork in Avatar why don't you wait until the first trailers show up and the box office receipts start rolling for A II. If it bombs then yeah it's over and Disney can focus on pumping out more comic book movies.  

• Like 3

"I don’t want to sound snarky after I took the high road (by offering congratulations)," he says. "But they beat us by one quarter of a percent. I did the math in my head while driving in this morning. I think accountants call that a rounding error."

Jim makes me laugh every time he speaks. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

"I don’t want to sound snarky after I took the high road (by offering congratulations)," he says. "But they beat us by one quarter of a percent. I did the math in my head while driving in this morning. I think accountants call that a rounding error."

Jim makes me laugh every time he speaks. 

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ Sequels Are Now ‘Right on Schedule,’ Fourth Film Already Being Shot

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/avatar-sequels-schedule-motion-capture-completed-1202198072/

Hah hah. Avatar is basically still the king of the boxoffice in this era. Released in 2009 but blows away everything on a far smaller budget , markets 200-800% smaller overseas and didnt need to be released to cheat and win by 0.5 % in unadjusted dollars.

Jim is funny but I'm glad he's pointing out the facts. Thats why most feel Avatar 2 may hit 4-6billy worldwide. I will enjoy seeing Avatar 1 and 2 and titanic all in the first and top 3 spots domestically and worldwide.

Titanic actually is still the biggest box office and movie event of all time. Affected even the music billboards and travel industry. Wow

• Like 3

After that interview where Cameron said "it's a certainty" Avatar will re-take the box office crown from Endgame after a planned re-release, there are some trash sites that are taking the quote out of context and claiming it's about Avatar 2 instead.

"James Cameron says 'Avatar 2' overtaking 'Avengers: Endgame' at the box office is 'a certainty'"

1 hour ago, hw64 said:

After that interview where Cameron said "it's a certainty" Avatar will re-take the box office crown from Endgame after a planned re-release, there are some trash sites that are taking the quote out of context and claiming it's about Avatar 2 instead.

"James Cameron says 'Avatar 2' overtaking 'Avengers: Endgame' at the box office is 'a certainty'"

Just goes to show their reading comprehension skills. Or the lack thereof.

Edited by Elessar

On 12/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, Avatree said:

Those numbers do not look right. 4.8 million views, and the tweet itself only has 18 comments.

The tweet I think you are referring to with 18 comments is only for a 1:20 minute clip. The 4.8 million views is for the live stream which lasted 24 hours. It got trending at some point, 4.8 million views is not unrealistic

• Like 3