Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

20 hours ago, Avatree said:

Why would this brand collab / deal be done if they didn't put the car in the movie...?

That's the point of it. Mercedes certainly have nothing to gain by making an Avatar car that never gets shown to the public. And its not like they are planning to make this into a real car. 😛 

It will be in the film in some shape or form.

Looks like the car is not in the movie so no roads on Pandora.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-cameron-teams-mercedes-benz-avatar-inspired-vehicle-1267592

"To be clear, it's not a product placement," Kathy Franklin, president of franchise development at Lightstorm, told The Hollywood Reporter. "The concept car is not going to be appearing in the sequel — it's really a creative collaboration and inspired by, not just the first Avatar film, but the themes that are going to be explored in the sequels. We feel that Avatar is not only extremely well represented, but the partnership has an opportunity to broaden the reach and impact of Avatar to new audience."

19c1037_001-embed_2020.jpg

19c1037_002-h_2020.jpg

• Like 7

On 1/2/2020 at 1:23 AM, Juby said:

I don't know about 5 billies, but $3B for sure and easily no. 1 domestic, overseas and worldwide. Shame they postponed it. :(

X-posting to a more appropriate thread.

Why 3B for sure? Do you really think the GA will go all out for this, moreso than Endgame worldwide and TFA domestically? 12 years with nothing is a long gap. Endgame had 21 movies and over a decade of buildup. TFA had 6 movies spanning generations, and 32 years between Luke, Han, and Leia on the big screen. What does Avatar 2 have going for it? Visuals? Cameron? I think it’s way too early to be calling it this high when we have no idea how the GA feels about it.

4 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

12 years with nothing is a long gap. Endgame had 21 movies and over a decade of buildup. TFA had 6 movies spanning generations, and 32 years between Luke, Han, and Leia on the big screen.

Avatar had 0 movie, 0 year of buildup.

4 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

What does Avatar 2 have going for it?

1 James Cameron.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/8/2020 at 8:43 AM, Deuce66 said:

Looks like the car is not in the movie so no roads on Pandora.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-cameron-teams-mercedes-benz-avatar-inspired-vehicle-1267592

"To be clear, it's not a product placement," Kathy Franklin, president of franchise development at Lightstorm, told The Hollywood Reporter. "The concept car is not going to be appearing in the sequel — it's really a creative collaboration and inspired by, not just the first Avatar film, but the themes that are going to be explored in the sequels. We feel that Avatar is not only extremely well represented, but the partnership has an opportunity to broaden the reach and impact of Avatar to new audience."

19c1037_001-embed_2020.jpg

19c1037_002-h_2020.jpg

Wow its fantastic all!! 

• Like 1

Here are some of the early predicts so far. Everyone please help me update👍

Kal...1.12b dom, 3.5b OS( Really would love Avatar2 to hit 1bil to 1.2 bil or

Better from China alone)

4.6b WW

Ncsoft... 3.7Bww

Jimbo...1.1B dom , 

3.5b OS, 4.6B WW

Keysersoze123

600 Domestic /1.2B OS -C / 700M C - 2.5B WW

Pure spirit

low-end:

550M DOM

$2B OS - China

$600M China

$3.15B total, assuming significant drop off from the first after accounting for inflation plus foreign market growth

(Nice one Pure Spirit I hope

we reach your highend predict or far more fellow Pandorian)

Pure Spirits High-end :

$1B DOM

$3B OS - China

$1.1B China

$5.1B total

Charlie Jatender

Dom: 475+ (45mn admits against 75mn of Avatar 1 but due to lower 3D contribution ATP just 10% higher than normal as compared to 33% in 2009)

Overseas: 1200 (same reason in Europe as in Dom but Asia will rise)

China: 700 

WW: 2375

Headshot-- 1.3 billion max. It's actually going to do even less than that.

500 OS

250 DOM

400 China 

/\ Bold on this predict😱😂

Raul B. :

$550M China

$900M OS - CHN

$2B worldwide

Updated 01/10/2020

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hw64 said:

1997 was a very different time than 2009.

Only director to have that kind of world breaking success back to back for a reason. Avatar 2 may shatter even the 4-5 billion ww predicts out there.😱😱😱

Rem its a james Cameron mega event film and then everyone else.

Imagine if again his fan following domestic and ww all show from the abyss, aliens, terminator 2, titanic, avatar.

3 billion going to be snapped in two all. Goodbye Avengers endgame. Disney and cameron wins no matter what tho. Nothing but profit between Avatar 2 and 3 alone.

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2020 at 11:44 AM, Avatree said:

Why would this brand collab / deal be done if they didn't put the car in the movie...?

That's the point of it. Mercedes certainly have nothing to gain by making an Avatar car that never gets shown to the public. And its not like they are planning to make this into a real car. 😛 

It will be in the film in some shape or form.

I think its going to be available only to the rich and it will be a concept car thats special order. It may make an appearance in Avatar2 or 3 though.

Incredibly hard to predict almost 2 years out. Exchange rates could be wildly different.

Right now

Low end: 1.5B ( unlikely)

High End: 3.5B (Unlikely)

Target for now: 2.5B

China is the massive wild card. Seems like 450-1B is easily possible. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Incredibly hard to predict almost 3 years out. Exchange rates could be wildly different.

Right now

Low end: 1.5B ( unlikely)

High End: 3.5B (Unlikely)

Target for now: 2.5B

China is the massive wild card. Seems like 450-1B is easily possible. 

Two years out...please don't stretch out the release date any more than it already has.  😎

23 Months to go + a few days. 

7 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Markets have the largest profit to price disparity since 1929 and 1999 - guess what happened next.

I sort of agree there are some insane valuations out there right now, a lot will depend on the Dem. nominee, Sanders or Warren will cause a huge drop, Biden might as well be a republican. 

The concept artworks alone make Avatar 1 look like a small indie film in comparison

and we haven't even seen any artworks of the UNDERWATER/OCEAN scenes?

Oh my...

It's really hard not to overpredict this, $3B in my mind, always has been tbh

1 hour ago, Deuce66 said:

Two years out...please don't stretch out the release date any more than it already has.  😎

23 Months to go + a few days. 

I would do something like as I complain all the time but it was an accident this time. I'm praying for no more delays! And really hoping for Avatar 3 by 2024.

17 hours ago, Royce said:

The concept artworks alone make Avatar 1 look like a small indie film in comparison

and we haven't even seen any artworks of the UNDERWATER/OCEAN scenes?

Oh my...

It's really hard not to overpredict this, $3B in my mind, always has been tbh

There's a LOT of concept artwork out there from the first movie and Project 880, it's entirely possible that some of it gets worked into the sequels. 

If you're interested in some concept art from the first movie check out Dylan Cole's site.

https://dylan-cole-j5dx.squarespace.com/avatar-1

59_PlasmaStorm_v02.jpg?format=1500w

19_JC_CUT_SC53.1_paint_v02.jpg?format=15

36_HometreeTop_view1_v04a.jpg?format=150

Ryan Church concept art

http://ryanchurch.com/avatar

PRESENTavatar-01.JPG?format=1500w

Craig Shoji

http://pensketch.com/gallery/avatar

neytiri_huntercostume01_cs.jpg?format=50

Seth Engstrom

http://www.illustratedfiction.com/concept-art/avatar-concept-art-by-seth-engstrom/

finalwillowtreeprint11-3-05.jpg

thanatorrapidsinwater3.jpg

Edited by Deuce66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1