Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

The first issue is now out, I gave it a read already and so far it's pretty good. I won't dish out any spoilers except to say that Cameron's hint of a Godfather like story is taking root here. Multiple agendas at work along with some soul searching. A good intro into the post world of Jake awakening as a Na'vi. 

Edited by Deuce66

It would be funny if a movie that hardly anyone outside of the biggest James Cameron fans seem to be looking forward to becomes the highest grossing of all time. I don’t know how likely that is, but it would be the third time in a row that Cameron would’ve pulled off a feat like that. 

55 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It would be funny if a movie that hardly anyone outside of the biggest James Cameron fans seem to be looking forward to becomes the highest grossing of all time. I don’t know how likely that is, but it would be the third time in a row that Cameron would’ve pulled off a feat like that. 

I think a lot more than just his fans will turn up to see it. Avatar might not be brought up in conversation very much anymore, but a lot of people at least enjoyed the movie, and assuming cinema-going is back to normal by then, I can see curiosity enticing plenty of people back for at least the first sequel. Anecdotally, my parents are hardly what I’d call James Cameron fans, but they’ll both be interested in Avatar 2. It’s not even on their radar at the minute, but I can practically guarantee that a month before it comes out when they’ve been inundated with TV spots they’ll be asking when I’m taking them to see it.

If Disney market it right, it should still be huge. I think the considerable time between films will likely help it at this stage too. If it’d come out 2-3 years after the first it’d probably have lost the novelty factor, but 13 years later I think people will be interested in returning to that world, even if only to see what took them 13 years to pull off.

• Thanks 1

Some new concept art 

This beautiful new art depicting a Metkayina village from the #AvatarSequels was created by Jonathan Bach, one of the talented concept artists in our #AvatarFamily. To learn more about this artist and his work, take a peek at today's installment of Behind Pandora in our Facebook stories.

138148296_10158389648794064_321879165578

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, WittyUsername said:

Well he is the only director in history to pull off back to back world breaker benchmarks at the box office so he can definitely do it again. Titanic is by far the greatest run of all time without a re-release. Then he has the greatest sequel increase in terminator 2.

I will never doubt Jc again, the audience and his huge loyal fan base since aliens , abyss t2- titanic will flood to see what breakthroughs he has pulled off this time. Hes the only mega director that has never done a bad movie. Most impressive.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:26 AM, Deuce66 said:

Some new concept art 

This beautiful new art depicting a Metkayina village from the #AvatarSequels was created by Jonathan Bach, one of the talented concept artists in our #AvatarFamily. To learn more about this artist and his work, take a peek at today's installment of Behind Pandora in our Facebook stories.

138148296_10158389648794064_321879165578

Wow. The art is inspiring. What a talent on the avatar team💪💪

All is not well on Pandora......

With grievances of the past compounding and the Omatikaya refuge in unrest, an uprising begins! A member of the clan challenges Jake's claim to leadership--invoking a trial by combat!

3007109.jpg

Jake Sully has been defeated, and a new leader is declared. Traditions are betrayed and further the divide between members of the Omatikaya. With poison running through Jake's veins, fear and pains of the past manifest as he comes face to face with a familiar foe.

3007110.jpg

The race for the antidote is underway as Jake descends into a fever dream--plunged into the horrors of a burning Home Tree, and reliving confrontations with nightmarish past enemies. Will he reconcile with the choices of his past, or fight them?

3007111.jpg

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Because it doesn't have a confirmed release date I'm guessing

it will be because its what 21 months away from release sadly, release date is 22/12/2022

its not really on the lot but its release is a while away

On 3/10/2021 at 12:34 PM, IronJimbo said:

it will be because its what 21 months away from release sadly, release date is 22/12/2022

its not really on the lot but its release is a while away

If a movie is more than 18 months away, it gets put in on the lot.

HYPE FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMING FOR YOU THANOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Avatree said:

If a movie is more than 18 months away, it gets put in on the lot.

HYPE FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMING FOR YOU THANOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim is inveitable I suppose?

still-number-one.png

2021 EDITION

still-number-one.png

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

According to Deadline it’s $7.8 million behind Endgame and has already made $5.5 million in pre-sales, so it’s pretty much guaranteed to take back the crown this weekend. Disney basically playing chess with itself.

It hasn't made $5.5 mil in presales. Still, it's almost guaranteed to pass Endgame.

• Like 2

Moderation

This is my one and only warning. If I see any Fanboy Wars nonsense, including trolling Marvel/Avatar fans, conspiracy nonsense, insults, endless flame wars, etc., over Avatar becoming #1 again, you will be threadbanned in this thread or any others where this takes place. No exceptions! I’m already seeing some funny business from a poster or two and I don’t like it. So play nice or get out

• Like 2

Currently, the reissue, which will go out on most of the IMAX network and in 3D (formats that are embraced in China) is leading pre-sales for the FSS weekend with nearly RMB 8.8M ($1.35M) as of 5PM Thursday local time.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/avatar-china-reissue-pre-sales-avengers-endgame-global-record-1234711405/