Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

11 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The main Trailer for the first movie is 3 and a half minutes of pure unadulterated hype. Gonna be hard to beat

It's a great trailer, but easily far from the best in blockbuster history. 

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If the teaser is bad, this is going to under a million worldwide. If the teaser is good, then it will do 4 Billion+

Its written. Its how things work.

Under a million? pretty sure the people in this thread will contribute that much regardless of quality

3 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Under a million? pretty sure the people in this thread will contribute that much regardless of quality

I woudnt even rule out the possibility that some people that regulary post in this thread will contribute a few million to this films box office alone :redcapes:

And yes, all of this is sarcasm, pls i just have a bad sense of humour.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

And yes, all of this is sarcasm, pls i just have a bad sense of humour.

I think good ol' IronJimbo would beg to differ, he's been saving up for years to spend millions on A2

Edited by Stewart
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I rewatched the main trailer for the first movie, and it basically gave away the entire thing. 

Exactly, here's hoping they don't repeat that same mistake again. Keep it nice & vague. 

50 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Exactly, here's hoping they don't repeat that same mistake again. Keep it nice & vague. 

I mean, the movie ended up doing gangbusters, hardly think it was a mistake.

The original Avatar trailer honestly was kind of a throwback to the classic "epic" trailers. It's gonna show you everything that happens but you're all gonna watch it anyway.

The Titanic trailer was like that too

As far as marketing goes, secrecy is overrated imo. If the audience isn't already sold based on the franchise property they're gonna want to have a good idea what they're in for.

ETA: Which isn't to say this upcoming teaser will be all that detailed. Still a long way out from the release so I expect it won't be giving the plot away yet.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AniNate said:

I mean, the movie ended up doing gangbusters, hardly think it was a mistake.

The original Avatar trailer honestly was kind of a throwback to the classic "epic" trailers. It's gonna show you everything that happens but you're all gonna watch it anyway.

The Titanic trailer was like that too

As far as marketing goes, secrecy is overrated imo. If the audience isn't already sold based on the franchise property they're gonna want to have a good idea what they're in for.

ETA: Which isn't to say this upcoming teaser will be all that detailed. Still a long way out from the release so I expect it won't be giving the plot away yet.

I was speaking for myself I don't like all the major plot points being revealed in a trailer. I think I have a pretty decent idea already of how Avatar II is going to play out based on the little that's been leaked out so far, at least the first half of the movie. 

• Like 1

Will say the discourse so far hasn't been as aggravating as I'd feared, though maybe that'll change when the teaser drops.

FWIW I watched the first yesterday and it still holds up pretty well, both visually and as an unapologetically simplistic adventure narrative. Lot of great little "cinema" moments in it that hopefully will get their due appreciation in the context of the greater franchise.

1 hour ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

The meltdowns on reddit when this only does like around rouge one numbers at best are going to be amazing

I hope you're not talking about worldwide numbers, because $1.06b at best for Avatar 2 is quite frankly a laughable prediction.

Ironically, it's the kind of prediction I'd expect from a redditor.

Edited by hw64
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

The meltdowns on reddit when this only does like around rouge one numbers at best are going to be amazing

What are you smoking? As I have said time and time again, this has more chance of doing over 4B than under 2B. You're literally making reddit tier predictions there. No meltdowns will be had on a site that has spent most of the last decade deriding Avatar and underestimating Jim.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

With inflation since the pandemic, it more likely to make rogue one numbers domestically than to finish alongside it worldwide. I have a hard time not seeing this be a huge event

• Like 1