Brazil 100m

India 50m

Mexico 50m

Netherlands + Sweden + Switzerland + Denmark + Norway 150m

Honkong + Taiwan 50m

------------------------------------

3.6B already done. :D

Edited by firedeep

I think even though this movie is years away hype is WAY too high, 1B DOM? Wow guys I know anything is possible, but just wow. Also this will be guaranteed at least a 3 multiplier thanks to the holiday legs from whatever it opens with.

The chance is slim but, it can happen. It all depands on how frontloaded it will actually be, and if it can grab the audience like the 1st film did.

The incredible thing about Avatar is it was a large group of people going over and over to see the movie. I had at least 10 friends who never saw the movie in theaters, it was just those who did saw it again and again. I saw it 10 times and I never see a movie more then twice.

It'll be lucky to make 500M tbh. All of this talk about increasing over the original is just wishful thinking.

When the only precident the director had with making a successful movie and then making a sequel of it is Terminator, so we really can't rule anything out with the Avatar series. We learned that week in and week out when it would only drop 10-20% each week for months.